mixing Cupramine and Maracyn 1

cmross13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just picked up a nice little false lemonpeel angel with a few spots of ich and some sort of pop eye. put it in my new Reefer 170 Quarantine tank running Cupramine at 0.5ppm for the next few weeks. obviously, this is to control/eliminate the Ich before moving it over to my Reefer 350. however, i would like to take care of the popeye problem, preferably simultaneously.

can i mix some Maracyn in with the Cupramine-treated water? or can i treat the 350 with maracyn when the angel is ready to leave QT? i would really rather not wait until the 3 week copper period is over, then 2 weeks absorbing copper, just to add maracyn then absorb all that and put copper back in lol. im also not crazy about the 3 hour dips as i fear stress like that alone might kill the fish.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just picked up a nice little false lemonpeel angel with a few spots of ich and some sort of pop eye. put it in my new Reefer 170 Quarantine tank running Cupramine at 0.5ppm for the next few weeks. obviously, this is to control/eliminate the Ich before moving it over to my Reefer 350. however, i would like to take care of the popeye problem, preferably simultaneously.

can i mix some Maracyn in with the Cupramine-treated water? or can i treat the 350 with maracyn when the angel is ready to leave QT? i would really rather not wait until the 3 week copper period is over, then 2 weeks absorbing copper, just to add maracyn then absorb all that and put copper back in lol. im also not crazy about the 3 hour dips as i fear stress like that alone might kill the fish.
Don't use Maracyn 1 as a dip. Many cases of popeye are caused by mechanical damage, and netting the fish up daily for that is just going to cause more harm.

Maracyn can be dosed with Coppersafe, I've never used it with Cupramine, but it should be o.k. Monitor your ammonia closely, as Erythromycin sometimes harms your biological filter.

Jay

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back