Mixing Praziquantel Powder

Carl Cardarelli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question I been battling Fluke this will be my 4 th time in a year (same fish no new ones in 8 months), been using powder form of Prazi I was told by a professional area aquatic person that I been mixing it wrong placing it in a nylon stocking and rubbing it to gather in tank til dissolves. He informed me to use vinegar to dissolve it this will be and probably will work better in killing all the Fluke. Anyone can shed light on this if this has any merit. Thanks Carl
600 Gallon marine fish only aquarium

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always used a similar method to yours and have always had good results. Some have used vodka in a method similar to the one mentioned in your post.

We have been running across prazi resistant flukes lately. Might want to try another product like Piperizine.

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 1.16.06 PM.png

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used DMSO, but know that some zoos use the same method as you are suing so it should work just fine. Are you dosing 6 days apart? as you need to get both the adults and then their eggs when they hatch.

OP
OP
C

Carl Cardarelli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used DMSO, but know that some zoos use the same method as you are suing so it should work just fine. Are you dosing 6 days apart? as you need to get both the adults and then their eggs when they hatch.
yep going to dissolve it with Voka this time and run it for 3 weeks changing every week thanks

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back