Mixing salt

SamSrEEfGY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was mixing my salt earlier for my 125L and I got to .14 and ran out, would I be okay topping the rest up with a better different salt and carry on with that one from then on? This is the initial fill of the tank as I have just up sized

I cant even remember the brand of salt I'm using right now but I want to move to either aquaforest probiotic/red sea coral plus/tropic marin pro. I have a softie/LPS tank and just looking for recommendations/tips for changing salt

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was mixing my salt earlier for my 125L and I got to .14 and ran out, would I be okay topping the rest up with a better different salt and carry on with that one from then on? This is the initial fill of the tank as I have just up sized

I cant even remember the brand of salt I'm using right now but I want to move to either aquaforest probiotic/red sea coral plus/tropic marin pro. I have a softie/LPS tank and just looking for recommendations/tips for changing salt
Yep thats perfectly fine.

I would suggest red sea blue bucket and stay away from the expensive pro salts. They usually run @ 11+ alk and are for advanced aquarists.

OP
OP
S

SamSrEEfGY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep thats perfectly fine.

I would suggest red sea blue bucket and stay away from the expensive pro salts. They usually run @ 11+ alk and are for advanced aquarists.
Thank you for the feed back. This site is amazing, its like the one piece of society nowadays where people actually help people just to help.

Have a great day!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back