Mixing saltwater in advance...is it ok?

fr3n0z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, i was wondering, is it possible to mix saltwater in advance and keep it there for 3weeks 1 month? I wonder it because i would liketo set up a auto water change BUT some salt (for example aquaforest probiotic salt) it says to use it in the 24h after mixing.

OP
OP
fr3n0z

fr3n0z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is usually okay, but like you said, some salt mixes shouldn’t be stored that long. Which salt are you using? Always best to check with the company of your particular brand
ATM I use instant océan tha ti think should be ok to store it since is quite basic (evaporation will be taken care of). But I would like to change and wasn't unsure between aquaforest probiotic or reef + and in this case I'm not sure it will be allright

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used Red Sea, Instant Ocean and Reef Crystals and none of them seemed to have problems with being stored for weeks and maybe a few months.

DavidY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instant Ocean has always been fine to premix in my experience. Just make sure to use a lid.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, i was wondering, is it possible to mix saltwater in advance and keep it there for 3weeks 1 month? I wonder it because i would liketo set up a auto water change BUT some salt (for example aquaforest probiotic salt) it says to use it in the 24h after mixing.

Just follow your buckets instructions

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back