Mixing saltwater

Redemption626

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So all my store had was 35 gallon brute trash cans. Have a 90 gallon tank! Getting ready to fill but when mixing the salt do I am for the 35 gallon can or the 90 gallon tank! Thanks in advance!

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So all my store had was 35 gallon brute trash cans. Have a 90 gallon tank! Getting ready to fill but when mixing the salt do I am for the 35 gallon can or the 90 gallon tank! Thanks in advance!
How fast can you make RODI? Personally, I’d do 35G at a time because the pump on my mixing station can dissolve salt really fast. And if I had two Brutes I could be pretty efficient.

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For mixing salt, you put RODI into a food safe container like a brute trash can. Then you add the salt mix and usually .5 cups per gallon comes out at around 1.021 or so. And you have a powerhead in the container and turn it on. The bigger the powerhead, the faster the mixing.

You can mix salt in the tank generally if it is the first time. Otherwise, you mix the salt in something else to x amount. You remove x amount from the tank, and add the x amount of salt water.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back