Mixing Special Grade & Fiji Pink Sand?

Schreiber

Leviathan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm upgrading to a 75g & I need to get another bag of sand. Currently, I have all Special Grade in my 55 & I've really liked it. However, BRS is currently out of stock for Special Grade & I'm setting the tank up next week...

I was wondering if anyone has ever mixed Special Grade & Fiji Pink? If so, do you have any issues with it? I try to keep a pretty good flow around my tank, to the point my Special Grade has formed dunes. My main concern is sandstorms caused by the smaller particle size of the Fiji Pink. Or will having it mixed in with Special Grade prevent most of that?

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm upgrading to a 75g & I need to get another bag of sand. Currently, I have all Special Grade in my 55 & I've really liked it. However, BRS is currently out of stock for Special Grade & I'm setting the tank up next week...

I was wondering if anyone has ever mixed Special Grade & Fiji Pink? If so, do you have any issues with it? I try to keep a pretty good flow around my tank, to the point my Special Grade has formed dunes. My main concern is sandstorms caused by the smaller particle size of the Fiji Pink. Or will having it mixed in with Special Grade prevent most of that?

I have a mix of both in my 75 and it still blows around quite a bit.

OP
OP
Schreiber

Schreiber

Leviathan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as a general fyi... special grade (and arag alive sand in general) is so much cheaper at Petco and PetSmart

Ohhh, I hadn't even thought about that. The closest aquarium store to me doesn't carry it, so I kind of gave up looking in person. I'll have to pay both a visit.

GaryE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh, I hadn't even thought about that. The closest aquarium store to me doesn't carry it, so I kind of gave up looking in person. I'll have to pay both a visit.

I ordered a few bags if Fiji pink from PetSmart. $18 per 20lb bag. Everyone else was twice that price.

Delivered in two days.

Back