Mixing Station Question - Horizontal Leg Tank

Aggie1978

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am putting together my mixing station and have some great examples from this forum. I would prefer to use a Norweco or Ace Roto 55 gal vertical Cylinder tank but cannot find them locally to pick-up and refuse to pay 3X the cost of the tank for shipping. I have found, however the horizontal leg tanks (see pic). I've seen these used by several posters but have a question about dissolving the salt. The legs are hollow and the bottom of the tank have several crevices around the legs. For those who have used this tank - have you had problems with salt collecting in the legs? Have you had problems with getting the salt to evenly dissolve?

leg.JPG

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two 65 gallon nowesco as my RODI and salt water mixing station for over 5 years. I have a power head at the bottom. Have had no issues with salt mixing appropriately. They are a pain to clean though, but easier than the tall vertical ones.

OP
OP
Aggie1978

Aggie1978

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, that is good to hear. What size is your display tank? Mine is 100 gal, with a 30gal sump. I was considering the 35 gallon Norwesco. The 65 gal (like yours) is BIG! I figure I could do 25% water changes with the 35 gal Noresco. What do you think?

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, that is good to hear. What size is your display tank? Mine is 100 gal, with a 30gal sump. I was considering the 35 gallon Norwesco. The 65 gal (like yours) is BIG! I figure I could do 25% water changes with the 35 gal Noresco. What do you think?
My DT IS 260gallons now, but my last tank was 110g. I set my water station up with the RODI above my mixing reservoir so that I can gravity feed the Rodi into the mixing station.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back