Mixing Vibrant with UV and NoPox

PacsAdmin77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Currently, I have a Pentair 25W UV sterilizer running at low flow for parasite control. I recently bought some vibrant to treat turf algae and noticed that it contains live bacteria. I was wondering if I can use vibrant with the UV sterilizer running? Also, can I use vibrant when I’m dosing Red Sea NoPox?

austibella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Currently, I have a Pentair 25W UV sterilizer running at low flow for parasite control. I recently bought some vibrant to treat turf algae and noticed that it contains live bacteria. I was wondering if I can use vibrant with the UV sterilizer running? Also, can I use vibrant when I’m dosing Red Sea NoPox?
i shut down my UV when adding live bacteria for 48 hours I also shut my main pump off for 2 to 3 hours but leave my power heads on giving the bacteria time to go on my rocks and crushed coral bed

GainesvilleReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because the bacteria in vibrant can not reproduce in saltwater, uv and carbon dosing have no effect on it. You can leave both running. I have had both.

rob taft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do all three i.e. NoPox, Vibrant and UV and when I dose the Vibrant I turn off the UV for 3-4 hours. I also run a low flow 25 watt UV.

A.C.R Tanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS has a video on vibrant they show how a UV has little to no effect on vibrant since it settles on your tank and is not free floating. When I dose I just leave the UV off for an hour.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back