- 3 Astrea Snails

Corals:
- GSP
- Kenya Tree
- Zoas
- Hammer
- Candy Cane
- Mushrooms

Alright guys, gals, and pals it’s time for the revival of my love for this hobby and I’ve gotten back into it with this Tideline 47 G I got off of Facebook marketplace. I figured I’d use this post as the start of my new thread and the ending of my old aquarium. My previous 20 gallon long ended when my Tail Spot of all fish went on a killing spree and ended up getting a nuke on the aquarium. I saved one fish and it was my white spot goby.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kingkold020

Kingkold020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now to the new tank. I’ve gotten this 47G off of Facebook for about $300 and I did plenty of research on it. One of the drawbacks is that this seems to be a newer aquarium on the scene so there is the endless amount of info on these like there is something from Innovative Marine. One of my current struggles is getting a stand that will fit this aquarium. Unfortunately I can’t build my own as I just don’t have the tools so I’ve been looking around a lot. I bought the aquarium and the stand it came with was .5 of an inch short. I tried using a piece of plywood under and Im just not sure it’ll be enough to support the aquarium. Photos below. And stand reccomendations are greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 98

V A R I A N T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in your thoughts on this tank. Considering the new 49g for myself. Is it one single return pump chamber for both overflows?

SteveG66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following this also, I am putting together the same tank.
Variant: Mine only has one return with two overflows, really makes setting up the overflows interesting.

V A R I A N T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for this info, very helpful! So essentially the same as my old Nuvo 20, just bigger.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now to the new tank. I’ve gotten this 47G off of Facebook for about $300 and I did plenty of research on it. One of the drawbacks is that this seems to be a newer aquarium on the scene so there is the endless amount of info on these like there is something from Innovative Marine. One of my current struggles is getting a stand that will fit this aquarium. Unfortunately I can’t build my own as I just don’t have the tools so I’ve been looking around a lot. I bought the aquarium and the stand it came with was .5 of an inch short. I tried using a piece of plywood under and Im just not sure it’ll be enough to support the aquarium. Photos below. And stand reccomendations are greatly appreciated!

On rimless tanks, the entire bottom needs to be supported. End-to-end and front-to-back. I'd make sure the plywood is a tad larger than the tank on all sides. Other than that, it'll be good-to-go.

SteveG66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What wavemakers are you guys going to run? I'm thinking of biting the bullet and getting a MP10 or two or just one Mp40. I've read so many horror stories of the MP10s breaking, I'm quite hesitant to cough up the $$.

Theolox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What wavemakers are you guys going to run? I'm thinking of biting the bullet and getting a MP10 or two or just one Mp40. I've read so many horror stories of the MP10s breaking, I'm quite hesitant to cough up the $$.
I'm a big fan of the Nero wavemakers. The app and pump have been flawless for over a year and counting.

Grumpyfish64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my two MP10s for 6 - 7 years, and I’ve never had an issue. Maybe I’m just lucky, but it’s nice not having wires in the water, and they’re easy to take out and clean. However, I admit the Nero’s look really interesting to me. I just bought two AI Prime 16 lights, and the app, which I think is used for the Nero’s too, is pretty nice.

SteveG66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bit the bullet and ordered two MP10's, I hope I'm one of the lucky ones!!

What skimmer are you guys going to go with? I'm thinking the WS-1 from Aquamax, hopefully it'll work in the small overflow compartments??

OP
OP
Kingkold020

Kingkold020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow… it’s been a long time. 5 months later and I’m finally back with an update. Ended up getting the Topfin 75 gallon because it had pretty decent dimensions to fit the tank. Now onto the aquascape and eventually getting this dude filed up and ready to cycle soon enough.
A7F95F1F-648E-4367-8169-2F0C2A7B0F17.jpeg

OP
OP
Kingkold020

Kingkold020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think I found a scape I liked and decided to start filling up the tank were about halfway there right now. I do have a few questions if anyone rubles upon this thread.
1. I want to run 2 heaters what’s the best way to do so? I currently have an orlushy 150w already.
2. where do I place my heaters for the safest operation?
3. I currently have an hydor koralia 240 and 425 should I have more flow and replace a pump?
7B08D04A-A2EA-42FE-9904-687F97469C90.jpeg
32DA639A-1A9F-44B2-A401-1F6A153AD50F.jpeg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back