Mobius chips still out of stock…

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked three months ago when the mobius chips would be back in stock. I was told to check the parts store every day. I have been checking three times a day for months. Always out of stock…

Ecotech employee 1: I just told someone to continuously check the parts store every day for the mobius chip.
Ecotech employee 2: But it’s going to be many months before we get any in.
Ecotech employee 1: I know.
Ecotech employee 2: Hahahahahahahaha
Ecotech employee 1: Hahahahahahahaha
Perhaps that is similar to some quotes at work we are getting for chips / ICs at 99 weeks delivery.

OP
OP
jDoSe

jDoSe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received the same reply. Back ordered check every week when black mobius RF modules will be back in stock. What a joke.

Do we have a real ETA?
Nope. Just ecotech’s terrible customer service.

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok tell me how
Send me a PM with you’re email. I’ll email you a payment invoice. You can use debit or credit card. It’s my software companies merchant account. Put the address you want it mailed to in the PM.

OP
OP
jDoSe

jDoSe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they have them in stock, they are just purposely not selling them.

Like the person earlier said, he paid a high premium and shipped them his light, and they upgraded the chip for him. They clearly have some.

Also, if they are selling G5 lights manufactured after 06/2021, they are clearly manufacturing the chips. They are just choosing not to sell the chips alone.

Not too surprising from such an immoral company though. Still checking multiple times a day. Still “out of stock”. They refuse to answer any questions on when they will sell them.

OP
OP
jDoSe

jDoSe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
February 2022.
They are still refusing to sell them.

BrookLenny94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a green board. 100.00 is too much. How about 70.00?
50.00 for the board and the rest to cover shipping. I’ll send it out express mail. PayPal is [email protected]

I may be able to get it out today, but I can’t promise. I’m tied up with some things for work for a bit.
Do you still have the green board?

mil3sdavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two MP40 QDs from release day. Was originally controlling them with an APEX WXM module which went bad (Neptune Systems basically told me I could send it in for service but they couldn't guarantee they could fix it), so I bought a ReefLink, which lasted for about a year and then something went bad in it where it couldn't connect to anything. Have been trying to get two Mobius chips for over a year. I've sent a couple emails to Ecotech support that were never answered. This is pretty frustrating.

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same deal, one vortech without a chip, inquiry was met with a “supply chain” canned response and no ETA; that was in May. Was able to get them all on Ecosmart, but honestly, that platform sucks and is a struggle to do anything with anyway. Just spent an hour building a schedule that should take minutes because of obvious bugs.

Pretty much done with Ecotech at this point. I am an original Vortech owner and have praised them over the years, but some of the choices they have made to limit compatibility and forcing their less than impressive software platforms on people is just too much. Add in support/availability issues and yeah….

Last edited:

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two MP40 QDs from release day. Was originally controlling them with an APEX WXM module which went bad (Neptune Systems basically told me I could send it in for service but they couldn't guarantee they could fix it), so I bought a ReefLink, which lasted for about a year and then something went bad in it where it couldn't connect to anything. Have been trying to get two Mobius chips for over a year. I've sent a couple emails to Ecotech support that were never answered. This is pretty frustrating.
My reeflink now will only work “online” with a mobile device, so I have to adjust the schedule on the computer (for whatever reason mobile doesn’t have feed mode or other options), which itself is buggy and annoying to use, and then use a mobile device to upload it to the devices.

I swear that budget equipment options out there have far superior software and programming platforms, it’s amazing how they have dropped the ball on that.

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they have them in stock, they are just purposely not selling them.

Like the person earlier said, he paid a high premium and shipped them his light, and they upgraded the chip for him. They clearly have some.

Also, if they are selling G5 lights manufactured after 06/2021, they are clearly manufacturing the chips. They are just choosing not to sell the chips alone.

Not too surprising from such an immoral company though. Still checking multiple times a day. Still “out of stock”. They refuse to answer any questions on when they will sell them.
Would agree they likely have chips and are only using them for full units or special circumstances, leaving upgrades high and dry. Disappointing.

mil3sdavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would agree they likely have chips and are only using them for full units or special circumstances, leaving upgrades high and dry. Disappointing.
I assume that they have been negatively affected by the chip shortage like many companies.... and are probably using what little stock they have to make new products. But yeah... its still pretty frustrating.

OP
OP
jDoSe

jDoSe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same deal, one vortech without a chip, inquiry was met with a “supply chain” canned response and no ETA; that was in May. Was able to get them all on Ecosmart, but honestly, that platform sucks and is a struggle to do anything with anyway. Just spent an hour building a schedule that should take minutes because of obvious bugs.

Pretty much done with Ecotech at this point. I am an original Vortech owner and have praised them over the years, but some of the choices they have made to limit compatibility and forcing their less than impressive software platforms on people is just too much. Add in support/availability issues and yeah….
After checking multiple times a day for a year and getting blown off by horrendous ecotech customer service, the chips are now in stock on the ecotech website… now to see if i actually get them…

Last edited:

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After checking multiple times a day for a year and getting blown off by horrendous ecotech customer service, the chips are now in stock on the ecotech website… now to see if i actually get them…
Thanks. Got one, could easily go out of stock once people hear. Thought I might stick with Ecomart, but finding it to be annoying in in own right, rather be on the platform they actually would maintain/upgrade.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back