Mobius, Ecotech Marine’s New Control Platform Goes into Beta Testing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mobius is a brand new control platform that Ecotech Marine has been hard at work building for several years, and now it’s in the final phases of testing. Ecotech has been using very capable microchips in its smart Vortech pumps, Vectra pumps and Radion lights for years now and Mobius will finally unleash their true […]
Source

Continue reading...

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the reasons why they never allowed their vector pumps to be controlled by another controller.:) An why Apex came out with powerheads and pumps.:)

madadium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this mean we soon won't need a Reef Link to communicate or make a schedule with the MP pumps?

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh. Resist the urge to complicate our tanks further. Unnecessary. I'm actually getting rid of my Apex and going back to mechanical light timers and a stand alone temp controller. That's really all you need.

khiyasu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the radions and vortechs still be compatible with wxm?

khiyasu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty clear where that relationship is headed.

Well the older vortech/radions would still need some sort of wireless compatibility unless I guess they allow for some sort of chip/module upgrade...

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cross Ecotech off the list. Another unsupported phone app for expensive soon to be trash. These people have no clue how much collateral work is required to maintain functionality over time relying on a phone app.

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cross Ecotech off the list. Another unsupported phone app for expensive soon to be trash. These people have no clue how much collateral work is required to maintain functionality over time relying on a phone app.
I've never had issues using their current phone app to control my devices.

How about sharing constructive criticism rather than just acting like a troll?

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy an Ap700 and enjoy. Nothing to do with Ecotech but what I said was not trollish but truthful. If you don't know anything about the technology maybe you should think twice. Otherwise, you would know that IoT is a mess.

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy an Ap700 and enjoy. Nothing to do with Ecotech but what I said was not trollish but truthful. If you don't know anything about the technology maybe you should think twice. Otherwise, you would know that IoT is a mess.
Negative comments without any substance as backup or source material and the use of the word "trash" to describe a product that is well known to be one of the most well used of "premium" brands in the hobby is trollish. Contribute something meaningful already.

I only care that something works for me and that Ecotech customer service hasn't let me down when I need them.

Clearly you are not a fan. You're a hater.

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

lol... As far as the AP700 is concerned, I agree with you 100%! Literally the worst thing Kessil has ever made (from a software standpoint), if not the the worst control software/app out there, period. Along with their still nonexistent WiFi dongles, which I'm sure will run just as terribly; which are ridiculous in the first place, that their flagship units don't have this built in.

That being said though, I have a lot of faith in Ecotech to get this right. They have a proven track record with excellent control software and interfaces, so I think they'll get this right.

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RadionG4, Vortech MP40 pair, and a Vectra M1. I think that's enough coin to disapprove of the move to an IoT based solution.
I realize that I should have purchased a "Premium" brand. I keep an old iPad around that will never get updated just to talk to the stupid lights.

Back