Mobius is not maintaining the intensity of my G5 Blue lamps properly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mobius does not seem to keep the intensity of the lamps right. the light seems darker than it should be at the moment. similar to cloud flight mode. which I have not activated. then i have to go to the lamp setting in mobius and click on one of the intensity points so that the whole thing is correct again. mobius really seems to be an endless construction site. I can hardly wait until ATI can deliver their Straton again .. then I'll be away from this Mobius! but until then....

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
From EcoTech:

EcoTech deeply regrets any issues you may be having with our product(s). We would like to provide you with immediate assistance so please contact our customer service department directly by email, text, phone or live chat. Representatives are available 9am-5pm EST Monday-Friday but feel free to make a service enquiry at any time. Phone: 1-800-785-0338 ext 2, Email: [email protected], Live Chat (business hours): https://support.ecotechmarine.com/Important: International service support may be performed by an authorized distributor. Please specify your location when requesting service. International laws and policies may differ from those of the United States.

EcoTech Marine does not actively monitor forums and social media for service requests – please be advised that you will not receive service support unless you contact and official EcoTech Marine service center.

metzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mobius does not seem to keep the intensity of the lamps right. the light seems darker than it should be at the moment. similar to cloud flight mode. which I have not activated. then i have to go to the lamp setting in mobius and click on one of the intensity points so that the whole thing is correct again. mobius really seems to be an endless construction site. I can hardly wait until ATI can deliver their Straton again .. then I'll be away from this Mobius! but until then....
I had a weird event with the clock cycle becoming desynced and was having some issues like you are describing. Long story short of trying to trouble shoot it myself for a few days, i reached out to ecotech support. We worked through some things and in the end we got everything rectified and no repeat issues.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had similar problems with my G5 lights and Mobius. Ecotech had me remove the devices from my mobius account and then re-add them back on and that seemed to correct the glitches. Make sure your firmware is up to date before you do this.

OP
OP
Rando

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had already done that too. removed them from mobius and added them again. but the problem keeps coming up.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had already done that too. removed them from mobius and added them again. but the problem keeps coming up.

And obviously you have done the other basic type of reboot stuff such as unplugging the lights and plugging back in? What about uninstall the mobius app and then add it back to your phone in case it got glitched? Mine were doing similar problems with intensity and one light was brighter then the other and the time of day for the program was always altering even though I set it on the account setting but after removing and adding them the problems have gone away. I will add though that I only tested them here and there for a little bit after the fix because my tank is only a month old and I am running without lights on currently due to no coral.

metzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any other devices on the mobius profile? What i ended up doing was creating a new profile and moving all the lights over to that profile. For example: when i started i had lights and pumps all on one profile. i did a reboot, then ended up creating a new profile and moving just the lights to it while leaving the pumps on another profile. After i did that, the clock issue resolved itself.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back