OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This pintail wrasse if really frustrating. Still trying to get a really good shot of him and it's not happening.:mad:

pintail2.jpg
pintail3.jpg

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful wrasse ,love the acclimation box.. :cool: @TriggerFinger this is a nice box;)..back a page..:p

thx, fishdude. the carpenter's wrasse is doing well. he's getting bullied a little by the pintail wrasse, but nothing serious. the good part is that the pintail is coming out more into the light with the addition of the carpenter. the carpenter is so small compared to my other fish--about 1/3 the size.

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received 9 peppermint shrimp (3 xtra large; 6 large) from @reeftopia. Nice price at $40 for the 9. I probably didn't need 9, but with shipping costs and how inexpensive these guys are, why not?; and u have to figure you'll probably lose a 1 or 2 with shipping and maybe the same after introducing them in the tank. Glad to report, all are doing well after 5 days and have started on the aiptasia. Would definitely do business with these guys again.
shrimp2.jpg

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One week later and all visible aiptasia is gone. I'm sure if i removed the peppermint shrimp the aiptasia would make a return, but they've done their job.
shrimp3.jpg

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! It has been a while. Just finished up a month long trip on Anna Maria Island. Getting ready to head to St. Pete Beach for another month in Sept. (voted the number 1 beach in the U.S.) I found someone to feed my fish and do the simple daily chores on my trip to Florida, but that's a one-off.

Now that I can travel again, it is going to be impossible to maintain the tank. So I am shutting in down soon. I'll be putting my fish, and what's left of my coral, for sale shortly. I say what's left of my coral because my peppermint shrimp decided to consume my 18 head green and purple torch while I was away, along with a few other hammers.:(

Anyway, it has been a tremendous amount of fun and it's kept me from going insane during the covid shutdown. I had always wanted to have a saltwater tank and i fulfilled that dream--although, I am sure it's going to be an expensive dream with what i'll get for used equipment. lol

Thanks to those who helped me out. It's truly appreciated. Also, those I just chatted with about nothing.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
well heck ..you can still spam us pics from around the world..stick around even with out a reef... ;) :cool:

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well heck ..you can still spam us pics from around the world..stick around even with out a reef... ;) :cool:

I plan on stopping by. lol Really enjoyed the hobby, but I luv traveling the world more. I've decided not to go anywhere internationally this year--it's still a hassle. But starting in 2022 (what the heck 2022?), the plan is for Spain, Italy, Paris, SouthEast Asia or Africa.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
good to hear..and you know the sayin,..pics or it didn't happen... :cool:
enjoy..pop in, we will be expecting you..;Happy

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, the tank is sold and the gentlemen came by and picked it up this morning. A little sad because I really enjoyed the hobby, but I can't travel the world and reef. Thanks to all who have helped me along the way. It is very much appreciated. I honestly would have never been able to fulfill this dream I had for so long without the help of this community.

This is a great forum because it's filled with a lot of great people.

Thank you and be well. I'm sure I'll stop by from time to time and say hello.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congrats... :) and "we" will be waiting for you...;):cool:

Back