OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sharing a few shots from my favorite corals.

20200516_223218.jpg 20200516_223202.jpg 20200516_223242.jpg 20200516_223126.jpg 20200516_223151.jpg 20200516_223140.jpg

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a video on my hammers and torch. It's understandable why they are so popular. The first hammer u see is something i got basically for free. I added it to a order to get free shipping... otherwise it would have cost more without it. It came as a small stump. I thought it was dead, but i glue it to a frag plug and it just blossomed. It's not the most awesome hammer, but has these blue tips (probably can't see it in the video or pictures) and this beautiful neon green core. It is so pumped with water, it's about to burst.

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a video on my hammers and torch. It's understandable why they are so popular. The first hammer u see is something i got basically for free. I added it to a order to get free shipping... otherwise it would have cost more without it. It came as a small stump. I thought it was dead, but i glue it to a frag plug and it just blossomed. It's not the most awesome hammer, but has these blue tips (probably can't see it in the video or pictures) and this beautiful neon green core. It is so pumped with water, it's about to burst.

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some day i'll get this right, but you get the idea. Wish I could show how beautiful these hammers and torch are... That first hammer has these beautiful blue tips with a neon green core. It's really killer looking. The 2nd has these beautiful blue and green tips that just look beautiful in person. On the lookout for a gold hammer... maybe some day.:)

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some day i'll get this right, but you get the idea. Wish I could show how beautiful these hammers and torch are... That first hammer has these beautiful blue tips with a neon green core. It's really killer looking. The 2nd has these beautiful blue and green tips that just look beautiful in person. On the lookout for a gold hammer... maybe some day.:)

got it..lol... :cool: sweet looking good

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They looking good

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My good fortune continues with fish.;Rage

My aiptasia eating file fish came in yesterday. It was a Biota captive bred fish and looked healthy. It took him a few hours to come out of his shell, but once he did, he explored the tank throughout the day. Lights went out at midnight and everything looked good.

I got up this morning and couldn't find him. I thought maybe he was hidden somewhere in the rock and wasn't too concerned. After several hours and not seeing him, i really explored the tank and outside the tank and nothing. What the heck!

Could he have gone dumpster diving. Welp, there is a trash can sitting next to the tank. After digging thru the trash can, I found him all dried up. Dang it!!!!!! I guess any fish can jump, but nothing i read made mention that these fish were inclined to do so. The lid won't be here for another month or so. Guess i'll look at another way of dealing with aiptasia.

Here's a pic of him yesterday.
filefish.jpg

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yeah bummer, not really known as jumpers unless spooked,sorry to hear,new project screen top;)

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a temporary screen top for my tank. It’s not pretty but it keeps my jumpers in while I get the final one built.

I got some bird netting. had to use 4 layers because it’s 1/2” netting and my fish are small.

I used medium binder paper clips with some tape on the inside of them to make sure I don’t scratch the glass.

I could send you a pic of your interested...

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
also for temp you could use plastic eggcrate light shield from home depot or menards about 10$ is 2'x4' piece in lighting dept ;)

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx, people. I was thinking this over before i read your posts, and remembered i had some netting left over from my Red Sea lid i made for my previous tank. There is more than enough to cover 36" x 24". So, if i decide to get another fish before my custom lid comes in, I will use this and tape it on the sides or buy a large piece of eggcrate and attach it to that.

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up this Rainbow branch hammer.
rainbow hammer.jpg

I have these 3 in my cart that i have until tuesday to purchase to add on without any further shipping cost. Still deciding.

WWC Bizaro Cyphastrea
jasonfox3.jpg

B'dazzled cyphastrea
jasonfox4.jpg

And for the heck of it a piece of SPS: Milka Stylo
jasonfox2.jpg

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a temporary screen top for my tank. It’s not pretty but it keeps my jumpers in while I get the final one built.

I got some bird netting. had to use 4 layers because it’s 1/2” netting and my fish are small.

I used medium binder paper clips with some tape on the inside of them to make sure I don’t scratch the glass.

I could send you a pic of your interested...

Yeah, I looked at your build thread and saw what ya did. I am going to get the light diffuser/egg crate from home depot. it comes in a 2' x 4' piece and then attach the netting i already have.

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew i shouldn't have posted potential corals i was thinking of buying before i bought. Someone bought that Milka Stylo out from under my nose before i checked out. :mad: ;Hilarious

I replaced it with a Rainbow Stylo. and i've checked out.;)
1590253302713.png

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the fish front, I have a Melanurus wrasse and a Yellow Watchman Goby that's currently in quarantine at the vendor. They should be ready in about 3 weeks.
melanurus.png

I have another marine vendor (who also quarantine's fish) on the lookout for a Potter's Leopard Wrasse and a Dusky Wrasse. Probably nothing happening there for a while.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back