MODERN Recommended Reefkeeping Books

jgaepi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I searched for recommended reefkeeping books on google. GoodReads has a long list. Guess what's missing ... none of them have been written in the last 3 years. Many are from the 90s. So, in today's digital age, what are the latest recommended reefkeeping books. Preferably anything that is 5 years old or newer. Thank you!

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen the same problem, I have bookshelves of stuff from the 90s but nobody seems to be writing books anymore.
Blogs, tutorial, free ebooks etc are slowly taking over the paper based mediums. Similar to what happened to mails after email came.

Modest

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a look on Amazon for Tanne Hoff's books. Only the first one is available in English but they're recent.

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Unfortunately or fortunately, kind of a double edged sword, in the digital age and the prevalence of nearly instantaneous content delivery (forums, blogs, YouTube), written publications have been pushed out to the edge of extinction. It just can't keep up with quickly moving technology and every changing "best-practices". This also may quickly lead to information overload, as I quickly found out when I first started thinking about getting into this hobby; plus having to really learn to pick through the information as some anecdotal information has a tendency to being passed on as facts.

backdraft_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really books, but getting a subscription to Coral Magazine has been great for me. There are a bunch of species related articles and new information that comes out with each issue. I enjoy reading them and keeping them for reference in the future.

Reefnman2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's one I have, has good information but a little dated.

20190918_125745.jpg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back