moisture build up on glass top, need ideas

zapbap99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no way i mean maybe leave like some space between it otherwise nah wont happen you will always see water drops or take them off and wipe them off everyday

chowberg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ten savannah cats, a glass top is a must have

Previously I had a 40 gallon cube rimless and 2 cats that kept jumping in it. I got solid cover and like you, was trying to find ways to keep it clean. I eventually gave up and the cats lost curiosity. I’m sure YMMV since all cats are different but maybe worth trying it again?

I just looked up Savannah cats and they can cost up to 20k each?! If you had all F1 females you’d have 200k of cats.

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have moisture on my glass covers and an indication that it is minimizing evaporation. Doesn't bother me or lighting

OP
OP
jeffrey750750

jeffrey750750

Reefin in the slow lane
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Previously I had a 40 gallon cube rimless and 2 cats that kept jumping in it. I got solid cover and like you, was trying to find ways to keep it clean. I eventually gave up and the cats lost curiosity. I’m sure YMMV since all cats are different but maybe worth trying it again?

I just looked up Savannah cats and they can cost up to 20k each?! If you had all F1 females you’d have 200k of cats. Thats
no f1's, i have a female f2, female f3 , male f5-anything under f5 in male cats chances are their sterile and seven f5's it's a zoo

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problems from having a glass lid? How's your gas exchange?

Asking because I just had a glass lid cut for exactly the same reason, cats have been showing a great deal of interest in the new tank and I forsaw at least one trying to go fishing.

Slight derailment with the cat photo, but cats have been mentioned and one doesn't simply mention cats without sharing.

DSC_0046.JPG

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it doesn't seem to be affecting anything, it just bothers me i guess
I have a glass lid covered by a canopy and there’s condensation on it all the time. I just leave it / ignore it. I do wipe them down every now and then just to keep salt from building up. Was thinking about getting an inexpensive magnetic scraper to wipe it down. Since the glass is so thin you wouldn't need a very strong one.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Place the glass on an angle that way the water droplets flow down and drop back in the tank. Or just slide the glass off the tank causing all of the water to go back in the tank as I do.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back