Mollies, monos, and green spotted puffer in our reefs.

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you live? I'm thinking of catching some that look like those above that are in full sw where I wadefish Sunday mornings.

I would take you up on this if you’re willing! My 3 are all females and I would really love some males. They shipped in a breather bag and survived 11 days in transit because they got lost. I would be happy to send a breather bag and an insulated box. It usually costs around $12-15 to send fish priority mail from Florida to Wyoming. I keep a native freshwater tank too and Florida has the most amicable laws about catching and selling them so that’s where most of mine have come from.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guppy Guru, have you ever heard of Hogchokers? They are a brackish/saltwater species of flounder that stays between 3"-6" max. I've ordered one already (you can't really get them from LFS's) and I'm expecting to get it by the second week of October. It will be put in my reef tank FYI.
If you have the time maybe check them out!

OP
OP
The guppy guru

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guppy Guru, have you ever heard of Hogchokers? They are a brackish/saltwater species of flounder that stays between 3"-6" max. I've ordered one already (you can't really get them from LFS's) and I'm expecting to get it by the second week of October. It will be put in my reef tank FYI.
If you have the time maybe check them out!
I physically cannot venture to your area due to the world's current circumstances. But I would definitely. Ove to check out some pictures when you get them

OP
OP
The guppy guru

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Announcement: From here on out all questions regarding brackish water fish and inverts, will be redirected to Want To know a little brackish secret I will no longer be posting on my other brackish water topic threads. Want to know a little brackish secret will be used as it is the most successful and the most widely know of the bunch, It has informed many people and I myself have made mistakes and learned from them there. That was also my first thread so its been with me on my may as a hobbyist. Thank you and remember, Happy Reefing.

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really miss those guys
Travis, man I remember those. They were amazing in that reef. They added a different feel to it. I guess even your massive 300g was not enough for them I mean coral density and such. I feel as though they need a nearly bare tank.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.1%
Back