OP
monkiboy

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
does anyone have a system that is very well integrated with neptune products and have a list of all the neptune products in use on their system they could share?

I need to buy a whole new system and peripherals of neptune gear as I gave away, sold, donated all I had in the last two years and don't want to just go willy nilly buying everything but know I will miss some awesome efficiencies and uses if I can't review how this stuff is used outside of the main components.

Thank you!

OP
OP
monkiboy

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
starting to lay out the wire management wall...

X17Im0M.jpg

OP
OP
monkiboy

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Working on lighting… was hoping to fit four xr30 blue g5s per hanging fixture but looks like only three will work per fixture.

this is one of two fixtures.

will run the six radions and eight xho strips for now until corals demand more and will figure out something

C1A8693A-B340-493E-B202-91C281F12C81.jpeg

OP
OP
monkiboy

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
titanium screws are on the way for the sump - they are working on the euro brace/top now to the sump.

OP
OP
monkiboy

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
was worried about the ext8000 being too much skimmer with the rollermat and not having enough to run or keep a foam head.

spoke to royal xclusive folks

spoke to CV industries

spoke to reef octopus

spoke to MRC who makes the roller (infinity)

all seemed to agree I needed to go about 1/2 the size I would typically even with the system size and the large fish load I plan for the skimmer to work well due to the mrc infinity pulling waste at real time before it breaks down is not going to leave much for the skimmer

SO... i hadn't opened the 8000 yet and exchanged it for the 6000. at a loss of a few shipping dollars to ship the 8000 back, I now hopefully have a much better solution

xrBvTuP.jpg

Sltloser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
starting to lay out the wire management wall...

X17Im0M.jpg
I'm not sure I have a comprehensive list handy, but besides the normal probes and display module I've used the following over the years.

1. Leak detector (just in case for sump overflows or dripping plumbing)
2. Breakout box (ATO, high/low water sensors for salt/RO reservoirs)
3. Flow sensor (UV/return pumps)
4. DOS pumps (automatic water changes/dosing)

I'm sure you already have all of those, but I can't think of any others at the moment :(

OP
OP
monkiboy

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not sure I have a comprehensive list handy, but besides the normal probes and display module I've used the following over the years.

1. Leak detector (just in case for sump overflows or dripping plumbing)
2. Breakout box (ATO, high/low water sensors for salt/RO reservoirs)
3. Flow sensor (UV/return pumps)
4. DOS pumps (automatic water changes/dosing)

I'm sure you already have all of those, but I can't think of any others at the moment :(
I’m starting from scratch so don’t have anything other than the three DOS and Neptune wifi main unit/kit ordered last week.
How many of each do you have of what you listed?
Thank you for replying and feedback!

OP
OP
monkiboy

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
more pumps showing up. looking to run mp40s on the back glass and mp60s on the short side that is inwall and then haven't decided if I am keeping the gyres or not yet, then there are two sea swirls up top for returns from UV.

ojWV1FO.jpg

OP
OP
monkiboy

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
sump update!!

top/euro brace went on.

they are sanding it all down one more time.

i REALLY dislike sharp/hard edges. most quality builders will smooth out the obvious ones along the perimeter.

but it's when you're changing out equipment, grabbing something between baffles, adjusting a temp probe that you cut/slice your hand and find the edges that a perfectionist did not work on.

ALL of it will be smoothed/radius'd out, haha.

looking SO good right now.

NS06tHm.jpg

q360S38.jpg

6KEEldY.jpg

j8H1c8W.jpg

Sltloser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m starting from scratch so don’t have anything other than the three DOS and Neptune wifi main unit/kit ordered last week.
How many of each do you have of what you listed?
Thank you for replying and feedback!
I had 1 breakout box, multiple leak detectors (was on a large aquarium with sump underneath) in case of skimmer overflow or sump overflow, and the flow meter is kind of meh, I'm honestly not sure how much utility it had but have used them in front of UV sterilizers on aquariums.

Oooo new gear is always fun! The sump is looking fantastic, I bet you're pumped for it to get delivered!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%

Back