Monster inspiration: What is your favorite large tank?

What is your favorite large tank?

• I like every tank!!!

Votes: 36 33.3%
  • I have a favorite large tank (please share a link in the discussion)

Votes: 16 14.8%
  • I am inspired by large tanks, but I don’t have a favorite

Votes: 49 45.4%
  • Meh. I’m hard to inspire.

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Monster inspiration: What is your favorite large tank?

Is there a tank over 300 gallons that inspires you? The cost of a larger tank may rise, but there is also more freedom for bigger fish, larger coral colonies, and more of a lot of things. Is there something about your favorite large tank that catches your attention that you may not see in a smaller tank?

MarounCROTM.jpeg

Photo by @maroun.c

Not sure where to start or how to pick? Please consider scrolling through the Reef2Reef reef spotlight tanks and you may quickly find a favorite…or a several favorites! Let us know in the comments if you find what that inspires you!!!

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So so many...

When I started mine I had the rock all stacked like my favorite tanks, but then over time and having to move scapes for various reasons I just learned to love what I had.

Also started getting way more into fish than coral, so that took a back seat. I did have a 20 gallon QT frag tank and also a 150 gallon coral tank, but unfortunately took the tank down before really getting much use of either.

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so many great ones out there but the fact that polo reef documents it all and shares it probably makes it the best in my opinion. a lot of other big home tanks you only see when people are allowed access for 1 video or something.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's always interesting to me looking at large tanks, seeing the various forms of life in the tank and thinking about the upkeep on the tanks, but like a lot of other people have said Polo Reef has some incredible looking tanks to look at and I could not begin to imagine the hours it has taken to get all of those tanks running as well as they do

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last edited:

Tmrvstyle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know what I have, 220 gallon, display, 310 gallon ish system, but as soon as I got that, I want to upgrade to a 4' × 8' × 34" tank, I've got rock, light and system plans, just no funds, in CA I think monthly costs world be around $400, so I'd have to upgrade home electrical, add more solar first. And take over my son's room for a support room.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back