Monti digita growing into rainbow monti

Arsenix2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with ill planning as usual on my mixed reef 38, I added a 3rd kessil 160 and made an "SPS Spot" where i have monti digi, rainbow, 2 monti caps and pink and green birdsnest. Not expecting anything to do well I placed everything close together to get them higher up. Now everything is growing past my expectations and my purple monti digi is growing an arm right into the rainbow monti. Id move the rainbow monti but it is really encrusted in the live rock. I plan on fragging a chunk of it down to a lower light section of the aquarium to see if I can get color back. But regarding the purple digitata, should I leave alone and see what happens or frag that arm off and reattach at a different angle? I cant really move it either because its in a small area that gets alot of spot light. Slowly slowly getting purple. Not sure what to do here? Clove polyps getting danger close too.
20200528_194557.jpg
20200528_194609.jpg
20200528_194706.jpg

OP
OP
Arsenix2001

Arsenix2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone? That digitata arm is getting really close to the rainbow monti, should I cut it off? If so how far back?

OP
OP
Arsenix2001

Arsenix2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rainbow monti was on an extra large frag plug and has encrusted about 1/4 inch onto the live rock, I could likely pry it off but it would fracture around the edges, would this endanger killing the colony? Ive actually always wanted to try moving it to a lower light area as it went from beautiful multicolor to all green after a few months in the tank. Would free up some space. Unfortunately i only have this one area. Maybe its time to start looking at tank upgrades.

OP
OP
Arsenix2001

Arsenix2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott you did give me an idea, I will pop the digitata, rotate it and move it upwards for a temporary solution. Thanks for the inspiration

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott you did give me an idea, I will pop the digitata, rotate it and move it upwards for a temporary solution. Thanks for the inspiration
I think this sounds like a great idea. And... upgrades are always fun. Keep an eye on the for sale dry goods you can find great deals on lights. Ive gotten some kessil A360WE 's at a good price

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back