Montipora bleaching and other hard coral issues...(Picture heavy/detailed)

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roids are heavy phosphates. Add some more.
I'm dosing NeoPhos reef roids is a bit dirty...

I did dose reef roids and brought it up to 0.08 but then retested a couple of days later and it shot down to zero

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will probly have to dose small amounts of phosphates daily for a while before it levels out and stays off rock bottom
Update. I have been doing 5ML of Neophos daily since I receive it.
Tested today and it’s zero… now I’m going to increase my dose to 15ML DAILY?

Attachments

• 37F78B4E-2328-4880-9048-8A437E9001B7.jpeg
    37F78B4E-2328-4880-9048-8A437E9001B7.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 19

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Increase it slowly day by day until you find the dose that increases it in that 24 hour span. So from 5ml go to 6ml the next day, if still zero go to 7ml the next day.. so on and so forth until you are able to increase it.

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO I am proud to announce that my tank did a complete after doing phosphate.

As of right now, I'm holding phosphate at around 0.05-0.06. All my corals are looking fluffy with polyp extension. Something I haven't seen in months.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
only read first and 4th page, so please pardon redundancies

I started SPSs including montis at about 6 months, and lost many to failure to thrive

At about 12 months ( and the stability that comes with it) they started to hold there own and encrust and many took off (montis and stag horns) etc). At about 18 months started Acro power a doser and most everything started to grow, spread but colors and polyps were average to bleh...

At about 24 months added nightly (usually 5X per week) AF aminos and at that time things started to take off,

now my main losses are associated with allopathy from poor early placement and friggin' pocillopora popping up faster than I can deal with

So yes, in that time N and P are in right levels AND ratios and yes its now a 2 year tank and yes all that - but I think AAs are critical (and rarely feed coral specific foods apart from elegance)

of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong

Cool tangs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personal experience and sadly I'm still learning as I like to push limits. I've found that running high par levels in a ultra low nutrient system to RTN your acropora in no time. You've got to strike a balance and finding the balance is the hardest part. Don't deviate and stick to one method. If it's working don't change it, change can bleach your corals and so can trying new things. Find the balance and stick with it

Glad your making a recovery I made way to many rash changes when starting out and found myself in a pickle from going full throttle too quickly with lack of experience. So far things are looking better for myself, lower par better spread and keeping filtration simple and sticking to one method now. This is the bad thing about these furoms when too many people try to give advise it just confuses the user more. Read online articles and watch reefers with years of experience and show off there tanks. Most will tell you it's no secret other then keeping it simple and go at the pace your able to keep up with.

Goodluck, I find I'm always learning in this hobby that's for sure and always making mistakes but that's sadly how you learn. One way does not fit all

Happy reefing

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back