Montipora is losing flesh

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9F06E81C-AC98-4E3D-8455-CBAAB90573E1.jpeg

Monti is losing more flesh after I put it lower in the tank, what should I do?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did that recently and i am not certain why? I'm leaving mine where it is and hoping it pulls through again. I've had it for a few? years and it seems to start growing like a weed and then poof half of it fades out and disappears.

OP
OP
Chris_Noles

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did that recently and i am not certain why? I'm leaving mine where it is and hoping it pulls through again. I've had it for a few? years and it seems to start growing like a weed and then poof half of it fades out and disappears.
Yeah It was losing flesh on one part of it and then randomly starting losing it in the middle, very odd

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Check late at night for any culprits like montipora eating nudibranch. Hopefully not but check. Also did you by chance move it more under direct light or just lower? Looks like it's directly under LED now, was it off to the side before?

OP
OP
Chris_Noles

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check late at night for any culprits like montipora eating nudibranch. Hopefully not but check. Also did you by chance move it more under direct light or just lower? Looks like it's directly under LED now, was it off to the side before?
Yeah it was losing flesh so I put it on the substrate it lost more so I put it up just a little bit higher. Will check for nudibranch tonight, doubt I have any though

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, it does look like pest damage. Wait til a few hours after full lights out, pick up the frag and inspect, they could be hiding right under the frag, or the frag plug

Back