Montipora Potentially Bleaching, or recovering?

figwig

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi! I bought this small mystic sunset monti frag from my LFS and managed to drop it a couple times while trying to get it off the frag plug. There were these blotch-y areas straight away once it was mounted. I'm trying to determine what I should do to help this monti recover quickly. It's been in there a couple weeks, and the polyps do come out, even on the discoloured parts. Is the bleaching linked to lighting too, or would it be different colour if it were bleaching from light?
Cheers

1626358362595.png

Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi! I bought this small mystic sunset monti frag from my LFS and managed to drop it a couple times while trying to get it off the frag plug. There were these blotch-y areas straight away once it was mounted. I'm trying to determine what I should do to help this monti recover quickly. It's been in there a couple weeks, and the polyps do come out, even on the discoloured parts. Is the bleaching linked to lighting too, or would it be different colour if it were bleaching from light?
Cheers

1626358362595.png
Amino acid.

LordofCinder

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
you are hinting towards the light in your original post, do you have other monti's? Is your lighting strong enough? They love strong lighting and flow in my experience.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting
OP
F

figwig

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
you are hinting towards the light in your original post, do you have other monti's? Is your lighting strong enough? They love strong lighting and flow in my experience.
I think it could be but was wondering if anyone could tell the difference between just some damage and actual bleaching.
No other montis no, lighting currently a little lower than it could be but want to confirm what I'm seeing isn't bleaching before I turn them up :)

When is the last time you purchased cleanup crew critters?

• Past few days

Votes: 62 12.2%
  • Past few weeks

Votes: 135 26.6%
  • Past few months

Votes: 163 32.1%
  • Over a half a year

Votes: 73 14.4%
  • Over a year ago

Votes: 71 14.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 0.8%