More fairy wrasse questions

Reefen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Lubbock and Naoko's fairy wrasse that i put in my tank 7 days ago, I took out a Midas blenny because it was going after them some, the Lubbock is not hiding much anymore but the Naoko's is still hiding alot, I am hoping by taking the Midas blenny out it will get an attitude adjustment, when should I try to add him back in

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Lubbock and Naoko's fairy wrasse that i put in my tank 7 days ago, I took out a Midas blenny because it was going after them some, the Lubbock is not hiding much anymore but the Naoko's is still hiding alot, I am hoping by taking the Midas blenny out it will get an attitude adjustment, when should I try to add him back in
So your question is more regarding when to add the Midas Blenny back in the tank rather than the wrasse right?

I’d add it once you see both Cirrhilabrus species (the wrasse) comfortable, and have their own territories, are eating well and aren’t skittish. Blennies and wrasse are super active so not too surprised it’s causing some dispute. What other tank inhabitants are there? If the blenny is still causing trouble after the re-addition then it should be taken into consideration that particular fish may not be suiting your tank.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once both fairy wrasses are fully settled in and eating well you can try to add the midas blenny back in, but be prepared to remove it again if it starts harassing the fairy wrasses again. IME once a midas blenny focuses on a tank mate it doesn't like it keeps harassing it.

OP
OP
Reefen

Reefen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So your question is more regarding when to add the Midas Blenny back in the tank rather than the wrasse right?

I’d add it once you see both Cirrhilabrus species (the wrasse) comfortable, and have their own territories, are eating well and aren’t skittish. Blennies and wrasse are super active so not too surprised it’s causing some dispute. What other tank inhabitants are there? If the blenny is still causing trouble after the re-addition then it should be taken into consideration that particular fish may not be suiting your tank.
yes i took the Midas out of the main tank where the wrasse are, the other fish in there are biota baby mandarins, about .75 inch male might be an inch now, ocellaris clownfish which pretty much stay in there anemone, and a tang, just not sure if i should try to put the midas blenny back with the fairy wrasses at some point

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes i took the Midas out of the main tank where the wrasse are, the other fish in there are biota baby mandarins, about .75 inch male might be an inch now, ocellaris clownfish which pretty much stay in there anemone, and a tang, just not sure if i should try to put the midas blenny back with the fairy wrasses at some point
Like I said before and others have mentioned you can totally add the blenny back to the tank, just wait until the wrasse are more comfortable and both are out. If you see the blenny go after the wrasse again after being re-introduced then you may need to rehome the wrasse or the blenny

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with the Lubbocks wrassse is that they are big babys untill settled in. My scissortail dartfish that was half the size bullied him untill the roles switched. Lubbocks is even bold enough to swim upto the clownfish pair.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great choice on the wrasses. Some of my favorite.
Just wait until the two are doing well then add him back in. Or just bring him back to LFS. More room for more wrasse.
IMG_6956.jpeg
IMG_6001.jpeg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back