More hitchhiker help.

JVS55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This worm came out from under the live rock. Any thoughts on harmful or beneficial?

A3C5CF01-8AEE-4D14-B6E5-45B7323C093D.jpeg
8E8598F5-D96A-4797-BB6F-9BC5FA32455A.jpeg

ReefLuck1123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a good size bristle worm, watch your hands near it but it's gonna eat left overs in your tank & hide most times if you ask me. The opinions seem to vary on whether or not it's a big deal. I don't like them, but don't worry about them.much either unless the get big. How big is it?

OP
OP
J

JVS55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a good size bristle worm, watch your hands near it but it's gonna eat left overs in your tank & hide most times if you ask me. The opinions seem to vary on whether or not it's a big deal. I don't like them, but don't worry about them.much either unless the get big. How big is it?
it was stretched out to a good 4.5 to 5 inches

ReefLuck1123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a decent size at 4-5" long, I would personally get him out if you get the chance but it's not likey to eat your corals or fish... unless they are already in bad shape/dying. There's also probably more in your tank that you haven't seen yet. I used to only catch these guys out at night, and maybe when feeding. I'd pull it out if you can (not with your fingers tho, those bristles can hurt) but if you left it I doubt any real issues would come of it. My 2 cents...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back