More PayPal F&F Requests Lately??

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The DOA policy, it feels a little more sleezy each time I read it.

Another thing that really errks me is when a “business” uses poor english/ grammar. You lose a lot of credibility IMO if you won’t put the effort to proofread your communications.

4E000E1F-D306-46D8-A874-C52808B29E7E.jpeg

I had to edit due to poor grammar.... Karma is fast!!! Hahaha
giphy.gif

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The DOA policy was also written so that even if the package was on time, the coral was dead, and there were pictures of the dead coral in the shipping box, within the 1 hour time limit, “they may issue a store credit but no refunds of any kind would be available” .... so they can refuse to cover the purchase at their discretion no matter what they do. *Theoretically they could send me coral skeleton in a box and since I paid FF plus agreed to that DOA policy... I’m out 800 bucks with no recourse.... better luck next time!

giphy.gif

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, first of all, CAPITALIZE THE FIRST WORD IN A NEW SENTENCE!! Good lord, that irks me the most about this grammar-wise. Second, we MAY give you STORE CREDIT if the package arrives on time, the coral is dead, and you send a picture? What???? It should be ‘We cannot refund your money should the coral not arrive in perfect condition, however, should the coral be DOA or dead within 24 hours of an on time delivery, we will issue you store credit or replace the piece.’ Or something to the tune of that. Sounds like these guys are wanting a ton of non-refundable money for corals that will likely be DOA or in not good condition then tell the buyer to take store credit for more sick corals or take your losses and leave. Shady, I wouldn’t pay them anything.

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think its the amount of fees which is the problem, 3% is nothing but more and more sellers whether business or private are getting scammed through paypal. Example, i buy a £1000 skimmer off Joe Bloggs, i pay through paypal, Joe sends it, i receive it and say 'hey this thing doesnt work', send a parcel back full of stones from the garden, Joe opens parcel, nothing but stones, refuses to pay me back my money, i open a paypal dispute, i prove it was posted and Joe signed for it, paypal refund me, i have a £1000 skimmer for free and Joe has lost a £1000 skimmer. Nothing Joe can do about it.
That is why imo more and more people are asking to be paid FF especially on expensive items.

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think its the amount of fees which is the problem, 3% is nothing but more and more sellers whether business or private are getting scammed through paypal. Example, i buy a £1000 skimmer off Joe Bloggs, i pay through paypal, Joe sends it, i receive it and say 'hey this thing doesnt work', send a parcel back full of stones from the garden, Joe opens parcel, nothing but stones, refuses to pay me back my money, i open a paypal dispute, i prove it was posted and Joe signed for it, paypal refund me, i have a £1000 skimmer for free and Joe has lost a £1000 skimmer. Nothing Joe can do about it.
That is why imo more and more people are asking to be paid FF especially on expensive items.
Do you have any data on "more and more?"

Joe can send paypal pictures of the box, and the weight listings for each shipment.
Joe can file a chargeback against paypal with his credit card company and report you for Fraud.
Joe has lots of options.

If Joe sends you money via F&F, you can literally say "Thanks for the cash bro" and not only is paypal not going to do anything, neither will his credit card company - because *he got what he agreed to from paypal*. Filing suit is still an option, but most likely a waste of time.

If someone is asking you for FF - the assumption should be that they're intending to steal your money.

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any data on "more and more?"

Joe can send paypal pictures of the box, and the weight listings for each shipment.
Joe can file a chargeback against paypal with his credit card company and report you for Fraud.
Joe has lots of options.

If Joe sends you money via F&F, you can literally say "Thanks for the cash bro" and not only is paypal not going to do anything, neither will his credit card company - because *he got what he agreed to from paypal*. Filing suit is still an option, but most likely a waste of time.

If someone is asking you for FF - the assumption should be that they're intending to steal your money.
I'm not going to argue, but Joe has no legal standing, at least here in the UK, USA might be different, I don't know US law, if so i stand corrected.
Wow, to assume that everybody is a thief if they ask FF is very sad, I pity you that you should think that way.

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, to assume that everybody is a thief if they ask FF is very sad, I pity you that you should think that way.
It is explicitly stated in the terms of service for FF that it is not to be used to purchase goods - and only to be used for sending gifts to family.

If you're using it for goods - you're stealing from paypal.

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I had one seller ask for F&F here on R2R. I agreed to pay the PayPal fee. Needless to say, the deal didn't go well (mostly due to miscommunication).

PayPal protection is not that great. I learned it myself during that transaction. PayPal may or may not provide a 100% refund to the buyer, they will however deduct 100% of the money from the seller.

A robust, easy to use feedback system will be great to have in R2R.

OP
OP
ADAM

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part of me wants to buy it and then just for spite, do a charge back thru my CC, and then give the torch away to someone. Five years ago I’d have done it for sure, however age has taught me that proving an idiot wrong isn’t worth the stress of thinking about it that much.

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Part of me wants to buy it and then just for spite, do a charge back thru my CC, and then give the torch away to someone. Five years ago I’d have done it for sure, however age has taught me that proving an idiot wrong isn’t worth the stress of thinking about it that much.

LOL but if you do it, it will be EPIC.

OP
OP
ADAM

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as no one double dog dares me I’m not gonna do it! Hahahaha
But, no even still I couldn’t in good faith do it with that intention. Karma strikes me swiftly and with a vengeance every time
giphy.gif

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think you can use a credit card for F&F. And assuming you were using a credit card with G&S, you’re pretty much stuck with PayPal’s dispute process (which to be fair is generally good). But if you do a charge back against PayPal, they’ll likely close your account. It’s why when companies offer cc payment or PayPal payment, I always use my cc.

OP
OP
ADAM

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think you can use a credit card for F&F. And assuming you were using a credit card with G&S, you’re pretty much stuck with PayPal’s dispute process (which to be fair is generally good). But if you do a charge back against PayPal, they’ll likely close your account. It’s why when companies offer cc payment or PayPal payment, I always use my cc.
You can use CC for FF but the CC company’s fee is added to the amount deducted.
If I sent you $100 FF and paid with Amex they would charge me the additional 2.50 from Amex

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back