Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I am really digging the fact that I don't have any bristle worms or unexpected hitchhikers when I go to stick my hand in the tank. It makes me feel good knowing it was selectively bottle-imported from the sea/some culture. But, I realize there are die-hard live rock/live sand folks out there... I am trying to figure out the ratio.

If you took stuff from another tank to start yours, use their start method as your own.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started off with dry rock and dry sand as got scared of getting unwanted fish or coral nasties, was going to qt everything but then decided no qt.
And know I wish I got at least half or even a 3rd of my rock actual live rock with all the glorious stuff that comes with it.
Now not really had problems as such.
Couple torch corals not last long.
Leather coral ripped off with im guessing to much flow day before vacation so thought best put in my hospital tank but had inadequate light and melted on me by time come back.
Last holiday came back to a dead urchin then 2 days later another ( I'm guessing fish or probably my evil cleaner shrimp finished them off,seen him attack and kill a conch week after.
So my ugly phase not really that ugly, not nowhere like what expected as seeing others ( but probably because researched which cuc eats what and added them when tank told me to ) .so no real problems but just feel all the stuff on real life rock is so beneficial

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back