Morning, quick question.

wasafuzz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the middle of a fallow period. Any reason I can't move from my current 26 gallon regular tank to my new 30L that just arrived. Will move existing corals, sand, rock and add a few pieces of new real reef shelf rock. Will continue with fallow period (just corals in now). Thanks.

EddieJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see that being a problem. Just watch for any kind of "CYCLE" that could be induced by keeping tabs on Ammonia. Also, when you introduce the new rock make sure it's at least 21 days until you introduce any fish back in. More days even safer, just in case there are tomonts on the new rock.

OP
OP
W

wasafuzz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK,thanks. Can there be tomonts on the fake reef rock?

Mmoore0324

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unlikely, but is possible. I don't see any issues with this approach either. I would highly recommend doing a little bacteria dosing with the new tank though. Brightwell MicroBacter Start XLM, Prodibio, SeaChem Seed.. something along those lines.

Mmoore0324

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good idea. Dr. Tims OK?
Yeah, Dr. Tims is good. Dr. Tims is a nitrifying bacteria. I would add, in addition, something like Brightwell MB7 to help boost aerobic and anaerobic enzymes. Just helps with the diversity of the bio-filtration. I still dose MB7 even with an established reef.

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Silly ? buy why are you fallow, just because or you had a problem your trying to fix.

EddieJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the water it was kept in. If the place you purchase it has it in an isolated system with no fish then no. I have seen vats of real reef plumbed into the fish system at a couple LFS. That’s why I mention it . But in reality probably not an issue .

Back