Most cost effective use of LFS store credit for frags

Azsrael

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live near a LFS that gives decent credit for frags. The price is pretty close to peer 2 peer sales and more cost effective than shipping. Only problem is well, store credit. In your opinion, what is the most cost effective thing to buy for 1) personal usage and 2) resell for cash using store credit.

My quick assessment is to stay away from livestock since those are heavily marked up from wholesale to account for LFS risk and maintenance. Some ideas for personal use are things you need periodically such as fish/coral food. As for resell, I’m thinking hardware. What are your thoughts? Thx.

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live near a LFS that gives decent credit for frags. The price is pretty close to peer 2 peer sales and more cost effective than shipping. Only problem is well, store credit. In your opinion, what is the most cost effective thing to buy for 1) personal usage and 2) resell for cash using store credit.

My quick assessment is to stay away from livestock since those are heavily marked up from wholesale to account for LFS risk and maintenance. Some ideas for personal use are things you need periodically such as fish/coral food. As for resell, I’m thinking hardware. What are your thoughts? Thx.
Frozen cube/flats, carbon, RODI cartridges or salt mix.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Honestly, I would use it for coral. Trade one in for a new coral you could frag in the future.
Either that or saving it up for your dream fish/invert.

RO and Salt can be rather cheap (I make my own salt which saves me quite a lot of money) and food, if you stock up for the month or two then it should be alright.

Last edited:

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are going to use it for anything living, just do coral. Other than that use it all on dry goods, maintenance supplies, food etc. not nearly the markup on these items.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frozen food, salt, other coral you don't have are all good choices.

I get about $10-$15 per frag for store credit at my local LFS. I traded in a bunch of zoa and softy frags for $500 in credit. Ordered an new A3 Apex with it. I use my store credits for things that I wouldn't buy otherwise.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back