OP
OP
R

reefinginBD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think bio media would work. Not sure about sand as they tend to trap detritus.
I used to have a very healthy and robust pods population. However, most of them disappeared since I started using Fleece Roller about 5 months ago. I think the fleece rollers did too good of a job of filtering out the "foods" to sustain pods.
So in the refugium what do you have? Other than chaeto? Did you put anything on the bottom? Also if you don’t mind can you please give me a picture of your sump? Along with the size? Please

Natural_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in the refugium what do you have? Other than chaeto? Did you put anything on the bottom? Also if you don’t mind can you please give me a picture of your sump? Along with the size? Please
It is a bit embarrassing to share my sump as it is a mess since I am still need to modified the sump to properly fit the Fleece Roller.
It is a Redsea S400 Sump so the refugium section is quite small, maybe 5x9? I don't have anything on the bottom. I just turn chaeto couple times a week and trim once a month.

Attachments

• 20220928_072854.jpg
    20220928_072854.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 30

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back