Most FUN fish to watch in your aquarium?

Overall do you consider your fish to be entertaining or kinda boring?

• Entertaining

Votes: 601 88.4%
  • Kinda Boring

Votes: 63 9.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 16 2.4%

• Total voters

Brymac1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have same problem with my female. For the last few yrs I haven't put my hand too far into the water without the long coralife gloves on.

Curious, what kind of damage will she do? Mine snapped at my about 6 times in 3 sec, scared me and I yanked my hand out. Will she actually cause damage?
She hasn’t caused any damage to my hands at all yet lol she’s mostly all posturing.

SaltwaterGuruNeeded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have same problem with my female. For the last few yrs I haven't put my hand too far into the water without the long coralife gloves on.

Curious, what kind of damage will she do? Mine snapped at my about 6 times in 3 sec, scared me and I yanked my hand out. Will she actually cause damage?
Depends on how big it is. It may draw blood. But mine feels like a little pinch with some 400 grit sandpaper. It's cute how they think they can bring me down. But probably mistake me for food.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In general, they are entertaining (or else why would we spent our retirement savings on this, right?)
Some are more entertaining than others.... Hawkfish - so cute! Any Goby - for the win. Cardinals and Chromis - snoozefest.

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most entertaining….toss up between Achilles tang or watchman goby. Since the question is entertaining….gotta go with the goby. Non stop sifting and moving little shells….so fun to watch….and then there’s the flame hawk and his antics….

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a lightening Maroon clown that comes at me occasionally. You can feel the bite which is rather dull and causes no pain. Perhaps when he gets bigger (he’s 3” now) it might cause an issue. He does get a bit angry when your hands are near by….no issue with my other clowns.

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to decide, they all have their quirks and personalities. I love my Yasha (pairs) with their pistol shrimps. My mandarin will grab food out of the claws of a hermit. And the green clown gobies, so cute darting from one perch to another.

Attachments

• IMG_7544.jpg
    IMG_7544.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 58

DH78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it has to be my Lubbock's Wrasse. It is very active and it likes messing with my sand sifting goby. When the goby tries to move the sand around where the wrasse likes to sleep, the wrasse swims under the goby and lifts it up about 6" it drops off it's back. They do this about once a month and it goes on for about 5 minutes before the goby gives up.

TangGang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me I think it will be my blue stripe pipefish or radiant wrasse. The pipefish is so intricate with its movements it’s really so unique. Both of them are so investigative they check out everything

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female swallowtail angel. Just chill cruising all day while my Tomini and mimic yellow Tang are hyperactive drama queens.. I'm quickly realizing tangs are not the fish for me. I deal with that enough in life and sure as hell don't want to deal with it in my tank.

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today let's talk about our little fishy friends. More importantly let's talk about the ones who entertain us the most! I would like to hear which fish are your most favorite to watch and why! Let's go!

1. What fish is the most fun for you to watch and why is that?

2. Overall do you consider your fish to be entertaining or kinda boring?

image via @Kdoor
MVIMG_20181229_103950.jpg
it really depends on what fish... My 2 clowns are awesome, always at the front of the glass, while my new tomini tang is always hiding :/. My diamond goby and YWG are very active, as well as my PJ cardinals, who just stay in the middle of the tank floating lol

Patientman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted "entertaining" … and that is about 95% of the time … the other 5% would be relaxing. When I am lucky enough to spend time in front of the tank as the lights start to dim into evening/night mode … seems they all get the message that it's close to "nighty-night" time .. activity slows down and they all just kind of hang out ... gracefully gliding through the tank … puts me in a relaxed mode watching them then!

Last edited:

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any blenny is worth its weight in gold for personality, peering out from holes, darting around, giving everyone the stink eye. Watch your corals though...
Currently my mandarin is very entertaining. He scoots around the tank, peering in crevices for pods. Occasionally he swims upside down

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back