Most FUN fish to watch in your aquarium?

Overall do you consider your fish to be entertaining or kinda boring?

• Entertaining

Votes: 601 88.4%
  • Kinda Boring

Votes: 63 9.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 16 2.4%

• Total voters

sarahgo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My jawfish is so funny. He's my little dude for sure. I babied him when I first got him because my tangs being tang kept steeling the food I intended for him. Finally, and as if he knew what I was trying to do, I brought the turkey baster down lower to squirt him some food, and before I knew it, he swam right up to the tip and started biting it ;Happy. He comes out with no problem now, but I just have a soft spot for that little cutie.

CD_Scapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one fish and it is all I need, thing would hide and scoot around the tank then when it would see me it will burst out of hiding to beg for food. Getting another one as soon as possible, the Rhino blenny is the best.

Attachments

• bleny 3.jpg
    bleny 3.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 89

amccue0504

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite fish to watch is my diamond goby. He is quite funny making his mountains and valleys in the tank and blowing mounds of sand everywhere. The cutest thing is his bedtime... he goes under his little cave and blows sand to close the opening... nite, nite! Then he burst out the next morning. :)

LPS Bum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish are super entertaining to watch. Many of them, such as large marine angels, puffers, and triggers, have real personalities. You can actually see them solve problems and figure things out.

My Porcupine Puffer is a blast to watch. I'll hide salad shrimp underneath rocks and he'll literally blow a jet of water to dislodge them, before gobbling them up.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved my toby puffer and my wrasses in the past for personalities they had. Currently thought my fish are all rather entertaining. The male swallowtail will chase as he deems needed, the yellow tangs will bicker like siblings, the different damsels will suddenly chase one other and then hide again. The wrasse is always on the hunt and the dottyback is peeking in and out. My Kole just hangs out doing his thing.
In my other tanks, the mandarins are fun to watch hunt and the gobies are just cool to see floating so still all over the tank.

LPS Bum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have same problem with my female. For the last few yrs I haven't put my hand too far into the water without the long coralife gloves on.

Curious, what kind of damage will she do? Mine snapped at my about 6 times in 3 sec, scared me and I yanked my hand out. Will she actually cause damage?
Yes, she will. I've had the world's meanest Tomato Clown for about 12 years, and she's literally drawn blood before (mine, unfortunately). She's a savage beast who attacks my hand anytime it's in the tank. Why I keep her around is a mystery to me...

Kernowzx2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most entertaining fish? Not a fish but a Mollusk! My 2 Octopuses! But if you are pressing me for a Fish Fish it would be (p)Rick my Porcupine Puffer, spits for attention and his aim has become legendary! And then it's the Eels with Seymour my biggest Tessellata Moray who is my baby (all 4 1/2 ft) then Zon the Zebra (5ft) with all of the Eels (54) having my affection! Ne-eel the Mexican Dragon is a case unto himself with his attempts to wiggle with head above water during hand feeding!

So overall I prefer interacting with my waterborne buddies as a means of recreation :)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most entertaining is my possum wrasse, has the craziest swim patterns. Followed in a close second by my foxface
One of the wrasse I would love to own again however, I already have a cryptic in my nano which is just as entertaining as my old tanaka’s Pygmy possum (Before my urchin decided to have an expensive meal)

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown bites me all the time...sometimes love "hurts"..but if it really "hurts" maybe you have some dainty asz hands..lol..#daintyhands&clownfish..haha. it's more surprising than hurtful. Love my mellenarus wrasse...only fish that survived..ie 2 anthias and 1 grammar. Too active to let covid take it out..not overweight, no diabetes, no pre existing heart condition...part of the 94% survival rate. He/she just swims lime a champ all day long! Hope I get canceled for this review...lol

sharkster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today let's talk about our little fishy friends. More importantly let's talk about the ones who entertain us the most! I would like to hear which fish are your most favorite to watch and why! Let's go!

1. What fish is the most fun for you to watch and why is that?

2. Overall do you consider your fish to be entertaining or kinda boring?

image via @Kdoor
MVIMG_20181229_103950.jpg
I like my Coral Beauty. He darts in and out of all my rocks and slips through every opening. He also loves to play with the feather dusters, touching them to make them draw inside.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back