Most FUN fish to watch in your aquarium?

Overall do you consider your fish to be entertaining or kinda boring?

• Entertaining

Votes: 601 88.4%
  • Kinda Boring

Votes: 63 9.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 16 2.4%

• Total voters

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1. What fish is the most fun for you to watch and why is that?

The harlequin tusk. (supposedly not reef-safe) - is the tamest fish in the tank.

2. Overall do you consider your fish to be entertaining or kinda boring?

I chose my fish to entertain. I like some at different times. the copper band gulping down a piece of food 3 x the size of its mouth - especially when it grabs it from the purple tang.

The filefish - who grabs everything.

The dotty back - who is supposed to be s monster - who literally sits in the big GSP - like a clownfish

The yellow tang pair - who just hang out in the rocks until they want to eat.

The purple tang - that patrols the bottom of the tank - with no signs of neurosis. (its a 5 foot tank) - the fish is at least 8 years old)

nicksreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female clown is a lot of fun to watch. Even if she tries to kill my every time I put a hand in the tank…

FD52A64F-6485-43B1-AE99-025D6F1F8D9B.jpeg
Mine too called the pair pair dr Jeckle and mr Hyde for reasons I can remember but she’s definitely become dr Jeckle! She now makes feeding the anemones into something like a round on a tv game show

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I quite enjoy watching all of the tank inhabitants.

But if I had to rank a few:
  1. Gino the Lawnmower Blenny
  2. Gloria the Hippo Tang
  3. Daffy (a.k.a. Lips) the Naso Tang

Victory652

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hawkish is by far the most entertaining fish in my tank. Always perching around and giving me the side eye haha fun personality in a tank!

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im on my first reef aquarium, I just have experience with ocellaris, bicolor blenny, ywg, yellow clown goby and purple firefish.
I do keep them all in the same tank and I do love to watch them all together. But favorites ones are bicolor blenny, working on algae and swimming on the open all day long and my purple firefish, by far the most beautiful fish I have and always on the open, swimming on its own way, with minin spasms, special little fish.
But I can't talk about the other three, yellow watchman goby, a sand sifter and protecting its cave all day long, openning its big mouth, but have never attacked/hurted another fish. Yellow clown goby swimming and landing on coral like its nothing. And a pair of ocellaris, a must have on any reef, they are always together, eating on my hand and attacking whenever I need to put my hands on the tank, they are awesome.

David Whitlock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a blue hippo tang that would swim laps around my tank but she had a very odd pattern it’s was a lot of fun to watch her swim

TreyC2010

But baby, the fish need it....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow tang is a general in my tank. He’s a little rough, sometimes.

My clowns hug my cyano and everyone that sees the tank loves it…

My melanurus wrasse is constantly diving and jolting through the tank.

My midas blenny parallel parks in the rocks so good and looks beautiful watching the inhabitants inside and outside of the tank.

My sand sifting goby and two spot Bristletooth tang are work horses.

My royal gramma is peaceful. The coolest thing it does it hang out upside down under my arches and caves.

Then there’s my shady hawkfish. He makes a lap or two around the tank and stops to give me that judging side eye. When I want to feel convicted, I can always count on him.

Sgchick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved watching my Blue star Leopard Wrasse diving into the sand every night and second I would say was my shrimp goby pair. They made their home right at the front of the tank and were very visible. Sure miss that tank...had to break down for a move. Hoping to set up another very soon.

Attachments

• BBB9A200-C3AD-4071-8EE4-EDD4DF358AB1.jpeg
    BBB9A200-C3AD-4071-8EE4-EDD4DF358AB1.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 22

Taipan88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dottybacks are extremely fun to watch. The way the move in and out of rocks, they are extremely smart as well. Great fish to own.

I like to own fish with character. I hate stupid fish. That is why cichlids always have a place in my house.
Second this.
My Strawberry DB is quirky. Its funny at feeding time, he will join the other fish and grab at the food like normal, however if he gets a big chunk he runs off with it into the rock work.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back