Most rewarding part of the hobby

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s YOUR reason for reefing? What’s the most rewarding part of the hobby for you?

Mine is when I see baby rock nems in my tank. That the parents are happy enough to breed in my tank :) and that the tank can sustain the babies through to adulthood.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some anemones split when stressed, so perhaps not entirely happy.

To your question, solving an issue or improving the tank setup thru changes. Latest is to turn off skimmer during the day to allow more feeding time for filter feeders.

OP
OP
ahiggins

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some anemones split when stressed, so perhaps not entirely happy.

To your question, solving an issue or improving the tank setup thru changes. Latest is to turn off skimmer during the day to allow more feeding time for filter feeders.
Oh sweetie, trying to rain on the parade.
rock nems breed much differently than any other anemones. Zero correlation to stress-in fact, it has to be quite stable for spawning to occur.

youcallmenny1

The Lobster
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh sweetie, look up how rock or flower rock nems reproduce.
I have about a zillion baby RFA's all over my tank that occurred when the water was stressing everything out and they spewed their babyjuice everywhere, constantly.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
remote piloting then someone else posts their after pics, or updates from a brief assumption run from across the way.

these forums allow us direct links into eighty different forms of reef challenges like a live time video game and if their stuff dies you get x'd from the game. can play as long as you win. the game is see how many tasks you can complete and log without killing someone's investment.

OP
OP
ahiggins

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about a zillion baby RFA's all over my tank that occurred when the water was stressing everything out and they spewed their babyjuice everywhere, constantly.
You must have weird ones I’ve done a decent amount of “research” with mine. About 85 ish total so far, definitely not an expert. I’ve found that stressing them will release spawns but rarely do those mature in an unstable tank (I tested temp and salinity fluctuations mainly). Temp affects more than anything else.

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeing the growth of new coral frags is the most rewarding. However, I get the most enjoyment from watching my fish explore the tank

youcallmenny1

The Lobster
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You must have weird ones I’ve done a decent amount of “research” with mine. About 85 ish total so far, definitely not an expert. I’ve found that stressing them will release spawns but rarely do those mature in an unstable tank (I tested temp and salinity fluctuations mainly). Temp affects more than anything else.
I have several different types. The tank is fine now and the babies are all growing. Not sure why you think they're weird.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh sweetie, trying to rain on the parade.
rock nems breed much differently than any other anemones. Zero correlation to stress-in fact, it has to be quite stable for spawning to occur.
Had one rfa, now have 2 identical, so they can split.
But spawning would be a sign of a good tank.

Back