Most Vendors are out of stock on 2 part dosing supplements?

blue.flyzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming that due to COVID manufacturers are not supplying 2 part dosing to our vendors as most of them are out of stock. I've been dosing ESV B-Ionic for 4 years, I'm very happy with it, but I'm running low on my stock. Major vendors are out of stock, is it safe to switch to a different brand until the shortage is over? I test my Alk and CA weekly, but will switching out to a different brand have a major effect on my levels or are all 2-part dosing products basically the same? I was looking to get ME or Fritz as most vendors have them available.....thanks.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming that due to COVID manufacturers are not supplying 2 part dosing to our vendors as most of them are out of stock. I've been dosing ESV B-Ionic for 4 years, I'm very happy with it, but I'm running low on my stock. Major vendors are out of stock, is it safe to switch to a different brand until the shortage is over? I test my Alk and CA weekly, but will switching out to a different brand have a major effect on my levels or are all 2-part dosing products basically the same? I was looking to get ME or Fritz as most vendors have them available.....thanks.

I had the same issue. I created a thread about esv being hard to find.i found it on Marine and Reef. I picked up the 4 gallon system.

OP
OP
blue.flyzz

blue.flyzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue. I created a thread about esv being hard to find.i found it on Marine and Reef. I picked up the 4 gallon system.

Thank you!!

fuelman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

thanks i just pick up the 4 gal also.

Beefyreefy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had the same problem. I bought the raw materials for Randy's DIY 2 part on amazon and mixed it up myself. Wasn't hard at all, plus its cheaper. I think I might do this indefinitely.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, same here. Did manage to pick up 3 1-gallon pairs of B-Ionic at Marine&Reef a week ago.
Not available at my usual spots, BRS and MarineDepot.
FYI - The B-Ionic that Marine&Reef shipped me is very old, from before they changed the labelling slightly.
Date on the bottles is 2018.
Not that this should make any difference, for this particular product.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%

Back