Motorized Solenoid Valve on a Breakout Box??

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, question, is it possible that I can add a motorized breakout box to a Breakout box? This is the one I am looking at getting from Amazon.

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, question, is it possible that I can add a motorized breakout box to a Breakout box? This is the one I am looking at getting from Amazon.

I must have been asleep when I typed this question, it should have said: Can add a motorized Solenoid to a Breakout box? The SOlenoid from Amazon is the one I am looking at getting IF it can be added via a breakout box instead of using a PLUG on the EB832/APEX.

All_talk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the delayed response.

The Break Out Box can not control anything, it is for switch (dry contact) INPUTS only.

But the EB832 has controllable 24 VDC outputs that would work for this motorized ball valve, info here: https://www.neptunesystems.com/downloads/docs/EB832_Guide.pdf

To make DIY connections to the DC24 ports you will need the correct plug, like this one: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/dc24...D=5563&indexName=brs_prod_m2_default_products

I don't know what you are going to use this valve for, but if its salt water (tank water) I would would look for a plastic valve with no metal parts touching the water.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Not via BreakOut Box but directly through one of the plugs on the EB832 or plugs 4&8 on the EB8 or any plug on the EB4

I have used these in my automated RODI system with great success - they auto-shut off when there is no power.

I've used these power supplies with them, just cut the wire and splice it.

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the delayed response.

The Break Out Box can not control anything, it is for switch (dry contact) INPUTS only.

But the EB832 has controllable 24 VDC outputs that would work for this motorized ball valve, info here: https://www.neptunesystems.com/downloads/docs/EB832_Guide.pdf

To make DIY connections to the DC24 ports you will need the correct plug, like this one: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/dc24...D=5563&indexName=brs_prod_m2_default_products

I don't know what you are going to use this valve for, but if its salt water (tank water) I would would look for a plastic valve with no metal parts touching the water.
Thanks for the response....It makes sense regarding the BOB; I was trying to avoid using one of my outlets (IF I did not have too)...lol

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not via BreakOut Box but directly through one of the plugs on the EB832 or plugs 4&8 on the EB8 or any plug on the EB4

I have used these in my automated RODI system with great success - they auto-shut off when there is no power.

I've used these power supplies with them, just cut the wire and splice it.

Nice...you have photos of that set-up?

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
S
Nice...you have photos of that set-up?

Sure,

1670008090360.png

1670008136310.png

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Man that is a SERIOUS looking set-up... Man I love it...what size is your reef system if you dont mind me asking?

Working on 270 Gallon with 110 Gallon Sump - a very slow build due to lack of time. RODI system above currently providing drinking water and RODI for temp system top offs.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
... Are you the one keeping the ocean at 0 detectable nitrate and phosphate with that setup?

I wasn't trying to .... so no.

System is responsible for filling 14 Gallon pressurized RO tank for human consumption along with RODI for water changes and top-offs on the temp system.

Little more complex because I used apex to automate the whole thing along with auto-flushing pre and post production cycle along with dumping initial hi TDS water, etc. I used bunch of gauges to monitor pressure drop after each stage so that I know when to change cartridges as well as monitoring of pressure boost provided by the pump.

The whole system was built to minimize waste-water production.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 41 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.1%
Back