Mount Height: Light Spill/Tank maintenance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

As mentioned in the other thread, I am considering either the new 48" fixture or the old 61" fixture for my 180g (72"x24"x24"), which already has 2xap700s.

- I am considering the 48" if I can mount it higher for more spread (~10"-13" off water level)as I only need SPS in the middle 55". At that height, how bad is the light spill?

- If I choose 61" I will mount ~8 inches off water level. But is there a temporary/easy way to move the fixture aside for tank maintenance?

- I thought I read somewhere about some end cap modificiations ppl can do, to better hide the 2xAC wires of the old fixtures. Can someone send me a link to that?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

As mentioned in the other thread, I am considering either the new 48" fixture or the old 61" fixture for my 180g (72"x24"x24"), which already has 2xap700s.

- I am considering the 48" if I can mount it higher for more spread (~10"-13" off water level)as I only need SPS in the middle 55". At that height, how bad is the light spill?

- If I choose 61" I will mount ~8 inches off water level. But is there a temporary/easy way to move the fixture aside for tank maintenance?

- I thought I read somewhere about some end cap modificiations ppl can do, to better hide the 2xAC wires of the old fixtures. Can someone send me a link to that?

I have a pair of Aquatic life fixtures. They have a hanging system that allows for unlimited height adjustment.

If i need to do maintenance, I just lift the fixture higher. Need a photo?

OP
OP
M

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of Aquatic life fixtures. They have a hanging system that allows for unlimited height adjustment.

If i need to do maintenance, I just lift the fixture higher. Need a photo?
Sure, and if you can kind of give me an idea of what kind of Lights spill there is at 12 in high, that would be fantastic.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, and if you can kind of give me an idea of what kind of Lights spill there is at 12 in high, that would be fantastic.

So I have them mounted just at the top of the canopy, so I get no light spill. I was more meaning a photo of the easy adjustment.

fiGZnFw.jpg

This photo is probably close to 20-24 inches high, and at a weird angle. Not a lot of help, unfortunately. And I notice the bulbs are off... crap. I will see about getting you a better photo tonight; with the lights 12” above the canopy (and T5s on)

nSAVKfJ.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 29 50.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 30 52.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • None.

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.3%
Back