Mounting flow under euro brace (peninsula tank) found creative ideas in the past but coming up empty! Please help!

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I saw a forum post a long while ago (before I had my current peninsula tank) that showed someone mounting tunze power heads under the euro brace by making a DYI magnet extension. I can't for the life of me figure out how they did it and can't find the post.

Does anyone know of a method or anyone crafting some acrylic mount so that I can mount tunze (or any) powerhead/gyre under a euro brace? My water level does not go to the top so I simply can't mount one in stock configuration. I just want one on the far end euro bracing so that it doesn't have to mount to my outside glass viewing pane.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help with the question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out Parker’s Reef Tunze Stream 3 mod on YouTube.
Here's the link

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the link

Fixed for ya!

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don’t want to have to modify your pump like he does in the video, you could also buy extra magnets from Tunze. Maybe two on each side would be high enough ?

Here in Canada those magnets are expensive though. Or maybe just strong magnets from another company that would be cheaper.

OP
OP
2Wheelsonly

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don’t want to have to modify your pump like he does in the video, you could also buy extra magnets from Tunze. Maybe two on each side would be high enough ?

Here in Canada those magnets are expensive though. Or maybe just strong magnets from another company that would be cheaper.
I wish I knew what the regular Tunze mounts looked like, this video is for the stream but I simply want to extend the Tunze regular style pumps off the euro brace. They rotate so directing flow is easy. I just don’t know how to extend/modify the magnet without breaking it…ugh this is annoying lol

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You figure it out? I wonder if PVC superglues to the magnets and housing with decent strength not to fail over time? You could always glue a segment of PVC to the tunze mounting bracket, the internal magnet to the other end of the PVC pipe, and attach it to the eurobracing this way.

Matt Cole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also looking for someone that can make an acrylic shelf to mount gyres upside down for a euro braced peninsula tank. I've seen a couple of videos where someone had that made. Basically a shelf that would slide on to the euro brace and create a shelf an inch or two lower where you would mount the gyre on the horizontal shelf upside down. It allow them to look suspended on the end of the tank with out any external magnets showing

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back