OP
mfinn

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Looks great. So how about those powered on lighting up the reef :)

Thanks

I wish.
The controller doesn't work on wifi for my phone or on a computer connection.
I futzed around with the bluetooth connection and couldn't find the right controls to change much as far as light color. Best I came up with was a dirty 10k-12k look, which I hated. I looked at my tank all day and just cringed.
So this morning I got up at 5 am and took them down, and put up 3 new gen 4 Radions which fired right up ( right out of the box), programmed to the color I want.

I don't know what I was thinking.

OP
OP
mfinn

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So, just for anybody seeing my sour post on controlling the lights, there is a issue with the controller which Coralvue is taking care of.
I spoke with several people here privately and on Facebook that helped me tremendously.
I wasn't able to ever get the controller to recognize my computer ( Or was it the other way around?).
But using the wifi on my computer I was able to connect and work up a program. I let it run for a day and there was a small self inflicted error, but was able to go in the app and correct it.
So I got up early this morning and had the Philips CoralCare leds back up before the program started the lights up at 9am, right on schedule.

U

User1

View Badges
So, just for anybody seeing my sour post on controlling the lights, there is a issue with the controller which Coralvue is taking care of.
I spoke with several people here privately and on Facebook that helped me tremendously.
I wasn't able to ever get the controller to recognize my computer ( Or was it the other way around?).
But using the wifi on my computer I was able to connect and work up a program. I let it run for a day and there was a small self inflicted error, but was able to go in the app and correct it.
So I got up early this morning and had the Philips CoralCare leds back up before the program started the lights up at 9am, right on schedule.

So back up with the new Coral Care's? Cool. Wasn't expecting that. Still checking in as if you couldn't tell :)

OP
OP
mfinn

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So back up with the new Coral Care's? Cool. Wasn't expecting that. Still checking in as if you couldn't tell :)
Yeah I just had too much money not to give it a second or third chance. Plus I was able to talk with others and their findings were at odds with mine. So for some reason the controller suddenly became visible in the app, I was able to make changes and see the results real time.
I wish I could figure what the changes I made to the startup, because it's starting to look like ( to me) the steps need to be followed in a certain order or you will have problems.
I also have to give credit to Carlos and Nick at Coralvue for getting back to me and helping.
@pharazon, @JeffB418, @Scubabum all helped me.

I may not have them figured out completely, but I currently have a program and color I like running.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 81 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back