Mounting larger LED above fixture with 16" end plates

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ChrisNH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the aquatic life hybrid with 16" end plates over my 40B. I love that size for an 18" wide tank.

I had originally planned for kessil lights which will fit in there just fine. However, that plan may change as I have family members are having trouble with shimmer (Still working on determining if that is the actual problem..)

Has anyone had luck mounting something like the Radion on top of the fixture rather than in the middle space between the T5s? It looks like the actual LED part of the gen 5 will shine through the space ok but the fixture is 7x7 and I would have to go to 18" end caps if I mounted the traditional way.

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
My concern is more of the movement of the Radion on the top. How to secure it so that it will not slip off the fixture? Keep in mind the 18" width of the fixture will only have a 14" +/- lighted area under it as the ballast are located in the front and the back housings.

OP
OP
ChrisNH

ChrisNH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My concern is more of the movement of the Radion on the top. How to secure it so that it will not slip off the fixture? Keep in mind the 18" width of the fixture will only have a 14" +/- lighted area under it as the ballast are located in the front and the back housings.
accounting for spread and the open space around edge I thought that would be about right to get par where I need it. I won’t know for sure until I get a par meter.

I was hoping someone would have a diy solution to secure or you had some method but yeah, that is my worry too. I may just have to go to the larger end plate if I end up with a larger led.

considering a pair of reef brite xho but not sure how to mount those either.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.1%
Back