Mounting LEDs to the side

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as a few of you know I'm upgrading my system this summer. I just placed the light order last night and it's gonna be 6-10 weeks befor they get to me. Origionaly I was going with a 8 bulb ati power modular but last minute I changed to different fixture that was twice the money. Origionaly was going to mount my led strips to the side and just drill into the fixture. Now that my fixture is slot more expensive I would rather not ruin the fixture by drilling it, is there any other way to mount my two strips to the fixture with out drilling it up?

evilc66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends. I would try and take advantage of existing mounting holes/screws. That will be the best way to ensure minimal damage, and a secure mount. Adhesives shouldn't be trusted.

I

inactive

View Badges
Drilling and tapping is easy, if you are not comfortable.. find a machine shop or tool guy to do it.. it's super easy. I mean, if you're spending phat cash on a expensive hobby might as well go the extra foot for clean/custom and awesome.

OP
OP
m and m

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drilling and tapping is easy, if you are not comfortable.. find a machine shop or tool guy to do it.. it's super easy. I mean, if you're spending phat cash on a expensive hobby might as well go the extra foot for clean/custom and awesome.
My father runs a machine shop I was trying to do it with out holes. My consern is if I pay this much and ever break down the tank it would be hard to sell with two holes. I think I just might drill it and hope for the best.

cultivatedcoral

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are mounting underneath the fixture you probably won't even see the holes. We just put Reefbrites on a Aquactnics Constellation fixture by drilling a few holes underneath. Not sure if you can see it in the pic.

LED180.jpg

Back