Mounting Swabbie to lid and cord quick release

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AquaDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a used Swabbie and will be installing on my Bubble Magus Curve 7. A couple questions for anyone here. How, in the DIY version of the Avast is it mounted to the skimmer lid? Should I drill some holes and tap them out? and then use the nylon screws?

Also, has anyone modified it so there is a quick disconnect for power so you don't have to undo your cable management each time you want to remove the lid. I was literally thinking of just making the cord super short so an extension cord plugs in pretty much at the lid and then the extension cord goes into my apex. I welcome any thoughts/ideas/suggestions.

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ed,

You have a couple options for attaching it to your lid. Drilling a single center hole and use hot melt glue or silicone for non permanent attachment, or you can send your curve lid to us to laser cut the hole pattern with bolts for $25. You could also just wrap the cord around the motor housing and secure it there to make it short, rather than cutting it.

OP
OP
AquaDaddy

AquaDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I'll probably just drill some holes myself, just wondered how it's normally done. What is recommended when someone just buys the kit?

Chezted

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To your quick connect question, I used a waterproof connector like what they use on Jebao pumps
IMG_20180603_1924273_rewind_kindlephoto-1042671473.jpg

Chezted

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found them on eBay,they are cheap, but took a while(2 weeks) to come from China. BTW you'll love that swabbie

Back