Moved some rocks around, now Blue Tang is being very lathergic and just hiding

bjmartie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i recently got some new rock and rearranged what i had already in my tank and added the new rock in. I got the rock from Addictive Reef Keep and was dry rock.

So the day after, i noticed what looked to be my tang covered in like sand almost. Just looked very dirty. Have not seen him good since. He got a hole in a rock he likes to hide in and i seen him in the hole, but can't really see what he looks like currently.

In the process of adding the rock, i had a yellow damsel i was fighting with to get out and moved from my 90 gallon to my 35. Alot of the time the tang was close to the damsel and i think it could of made the stress on him worst.

So i am not quiet done with the rock work and im not sure if i should try and get my tang and move him out into a 10 gallon QT tank i have set up or just leave him in there. Cause i know it will be a fight to get him out of the tank now.

Should i wait to do the rock work and keep dosing the whole tank with herbtana microbe-lift?

Or shall i fight to get the tang out and move him to the QT tank for a little while?

i also have a coral beauty, goby and pistol, and 2 clowns and they are all fine!

jerrymarino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have had the tang for awhile it’s probably not sick just stressed.

my gem tang becomes lethargic if I put my hands in the tank but usually bounces back after a day or two. If it goes on longer I usually do a water change and by the next day he is completely normal.

if all the other fish are fine then odds are it’s just stress.

OP
OP
B

bjmartie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tang ended up dying as well as royal gramma (forgot I had him, he never came out). Ingot everything else in my QT tank now.

Im going to run it fallow for 75 days, is it ok to leave my coral in there with my sally light foot? Will the ich and other parasite still die off?

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tang ended up dying as well as royal gramma (forgot I had him, he never came out). Ingot everything else in my QT tank now.

Im going to run it fallow for 75 days, is it ok to leave my coral in there with my sally light foot? Will the ich and other parasite still die off?
Corals and inverts are fine for fallow periods - the ich can't use them as hosts like they can fish, so the ich can't reproduce without fish.

Edit: So, yes, the parasites should still die off even with the corals and crab in there.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back