moving 12 gallon from a room to another

hsn izd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guy sorry for interrupting
I wanted to move my saltwater tank to my room I wanted to syphon some of my water and place my corals and fish in that and in another bucket put my filter media in water then go buy about 20-gallon saltwater from my lfs which I know the water condition is better than mine and then fill my tank with that
I just had a doubt about what to do to my sand I wanted to move the tank with a little water and all sand bed in it but it comes to my mind to stir all the sand two or three times and then add it to my aquarium and start my aquarium with the lfs water and my own live rocks
I wanted to know what do you think. is it a good way to do this or just don't stir sands

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
personally, I would siphon out 80+% of the water and move the tank with everything in it, its a small enough tank. I would find a board or small plywood, put the tank on the board, move it to the other room, place the tank, and refill the water. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. No need to overthink it

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
personally, I would siphon out 80+% of the water and move the tank with everything in it, its a small enough tank. I would find a board or small plywood, put the tank on the board, move it to the other room, place the tank, and refill the water. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. No need to overthink it
^^^This^^^

I've moved tanks as large as a 120 that way, especially if just to another room. I'd mix up enough water to just do a very large water change if it were me. Drain out 80% or so, move the tank and refill with fresh, clean saltwater. All the beneficial bacteria is in/on the rocks.

OP
OP
hsn izd

hsn izd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello
thank guys
just a question i have cyano and some algae on my sand can i syphon some of them when moving the salt water?

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, EVERYONE should have and use a Python Siphon (or similar) on at least most water changes. I use mine every time to go over ~1/3 of the sandbed. Now is the perfect time to siphon the gunk out of the sand.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 75 37.7%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%

Back