OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is looking good. The picture on the previous page was a couple of weeks ago. :cool:

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you know this. For those that are skeptics of stress being major contributor of fish mortality,
READ THIS:

Gut microbiota can affect fish physiology, development, life span, immunity, and barriers against pathogens (Burns et al., 2016; Nie et al., 2017; Smith et al., 2017; Yan et al., 2016). Therefore, the gut microbiota plays an indispensable role in fish fitness. Several recent reviews have centered on the diversity and functions of bacterial communities in healthy fish (de Bruijn et al., 2017), as well as on the external factors that affect fish gut microbiota (Wang et al., 2017) and interactions between gut microbiota and innate immunity in fish (Gómez & Balcázar, 2008; Nie et al., 2017). However, most previous studies have focused on factors that govern healthy gut microbiota, such as diet, rearing conditions, and fish genotype (Schmidt et al., 2015; Sullam et al., 2012; Yan et al., 2016). In contrast, few studies have reported on the interplay among gut microbiota, fish immunity, and disease (Nie et al., 2017). In this commentary, we summarize current knowledge on the associations between fish immunity, gut microbiota, and invading intestinal pathogens. We also highlight recent progress in uncovering the ecological processes of fish diseases

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subsea, that is great. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: It is what I have been saying for almost half a century, but that article says it much more eloquently. I am going to use this link elsewhere and of course name you as the finder of it.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No there isn't. :grimacing-face:

klp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't care if she was two or 92 It was a frivolous law suit. Coffee is hot. In most coffee pots, it boils. Her and her lawyer should be in jail.

You obviously have not spent time in Viet Nam. When it is not raining, it is raining harder. They call it a tropical rain forest for a reason, and you obviously have not spent time in a rice paddy. When you come out, you burn the leeches off yourself with a cigarette. :eek:
During monsoons (which seems like always) Many times you wake up because the water rises over your nose so you choke yourself up. Then you wipe the rat footprints off your face. :rolleyes: And those are the good days in Viet Nam.
The mosquitoes chase you so they can bring you home to feed their kids. You are safe if you run between trees because their antlers get caught in them.

I was stationed in South Carolina for 8 weeks and I did hate it. But I would live there instead of Nam.

I got the socks I am wearing in 88.:confused:

I think they are stupid :eek::rolleyes:;Smuggrin;Sour;Shifty;Pigeon:(;):);Watching;Greedy;Yuck

Her fault, not McDonalds. I have a stove in my kitchen and if I put my hand on the burner, I will get third degree burns. Should I sue the stove manufacturer? If I stick my head in my reef tank and I drown, should my wife sue the tank manufacturer? If I eat one of those things that come in pill boxes and I die, should I sue the drug company? If I put a plastic bag over my head and croak, should I sue them because they didn't print that sign on them that reads "Don't put over your head"? If I go cross eyed from reading your post, can I sue you? Maybe I should get that Lady's Lawyer. :D
Exactly. Well said. There is such a thing as personal responsibility. something seeminglt lost on many.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back