Moving chromis from QT to DT

40b Starter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two questions before I move my 2 green chromis from QT to 40 gallon breeder DT.

1- I have followed @Humblefish QT protocol. Copper Power, general cure, metro, etc. Have heard so many bad stories about uronema... do I have to be worried? Or since no signs during QT these chromis are now “clean”.

2- I had originally ordered 3 chromis but one was DOA. Other two were constantly fighting in QT so I had to separate them. No isolation box so I quickly made one from a food container. Not pretty but it worked. Concerned they will fight again in DT if I move them both. Or will more space and hiding spots allow them to get along? Should I put them both in DT or only one and find another home for the second?

Will be joining two clowns, yellow watchman goby and tailspot blenny in DT.

1D150F20-41A6-4F42-B528-2966924C2642.jpeg

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I’ve had a lot of chromis and qt experiences in the last year. Bought a bunch. A few days in saw the red spot of death. Within a week all dead. Completely cleaned the qt tank. Week or so later different lfs bought a bunch. Few days later red spot of uronema death. All died. Anyways after trying this the 4th time I purchased a new batch that just came in from another lfs. After a week no issues started regular qt meds. Still have them to this day. So point of the story is. If you buy a bunch abs they live weeks with no signs of issues than congrats you’ve made it! Uronema would have taken them out by now

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just do one in the 40 breeder.

As for the Uronema concern, I'm not sure. How long have you had them in QT? Metro *might just take care of it.

OP
OP

40b Starter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I’ve had a lot of chromis and qt experiences in the last year. Bought a bunch. A few days in saw the red spot of death. Within a week all dead. Completely cleaned the qt tank. Week or so later different lfs bought a bunch. Few days later red spot of uronema death. All died. Anyways after trying this the 4th time I purchased a new batch that just came in from another lfs. After a week no issues started regular qt meds. Still have them to this day. So point of the story is. If you buy a bunch abs they live weeks with no signs of issues than congrats you’ve made it! Uronema would have taken them out by now
That’s what I was hoping to hear. My second attempt with chromis as well, the first round were taken out quickly from uronema. Appreciate the input.

OP
OP

40b Starter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just do one in the 40 breeder.

As for the Uronema concern, I'm not sure. How long have you had them in QT? Metro *might just take care of it.
Was leaning towards only moving one to DT. Thanks.
QT for nearly a month. About 20 days of active treatment and finishing up 2 weeks of observation.

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uronema wise they never got it and are cleared. Now other issues. Is up to you

Back