Moving large glass tank into house and onto stand?

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For economy cups... the double cup style on amazon has the highest rated lbs. per dollar and looks like it work better from sideways angles. That's the one I bought and used.

The long handle is probably not what you want - since you will be handling it from the side.... you want the handle close to the glass to avoid a lever effect pulling off the cup.

Lorenz725

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rented suction cups from sunbelt rentals. They have the heavy duty ones and worked great. Can’t remember the cost of the rental but I was not ***** at all. My tank was only a 150 but we use 4 guys just to be safe.

12pack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to move a 400 - 450 gallon bowfront from the owners house to mine.
He had installed it when building his house, wouldnt fit through the trimmed opening in his den.

I called the expensive local fish store and they gave me the company that moves their tanks.
Cost me $2700, These guys were riggers not just movers, They had to remove the window at the guys house and use a specialized small forklift. My house was easy.

I got the tank, sump, lights, uv, skimmer, and everything except the rock (which I had)

I thought spending that money was worth it as I wouldn't trust a bunch of my idiot friends, And would have cost me more in food, beer and booze than the $2700 :)

PigDaddyF15E

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to OP for brining this up. I'm debating between a IM 100 or 170 and the weight is 250/600lbs respectively. 250 is "possible" but 600lbs is a risk. Some great ideas here with hyd tables, suction cups, and possibly hiring. I've got some calls out as I don't mind hiring a company if the price is reasonable.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A local glass shop here will move new aquariums. They won’t Guarantee older tanks thought.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back