Moving to NWA - Questions

JakeK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,
We are moving to NWA in May. I'd like to know if any of the LFS offer services to check in on your tanks when you are on vacation to feed and make sure there are no problems?

Up here in Ohio we have our family to help when we would go on vacation but when we move to NWA we won't have family to rely on.

thoughts?
jake

Joshua Jordan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jake,

As far as quality Aquarium-only stores; there are two (2) in the NWA area; Worlds Underwater and SeaFari. Worlds Underwater is located in Johnson, AR (it's a tiny town that is practically inside of Fayetteville) and SeaFari is located in Rogers, AR. Of course we have the usual PetSmart and PetCo, but....do I really need to say anything about those guys?

I'll have to second the above comment by Staggs; Worlds Underwater is a great store for both freshwater and saltwater/reef hobbyists. Their staff are all very knowledgeable on most all topics of the business and best of all is their variety of selection:

They are always getting in new livestock of FW and SW fish and they have multiple big coral and frag tanks with a huge variety. Their FW aquatic plant tank is very nice and is always changing as they get in new plants. (Never had a snail from these guys either) They also sell a lot of equipment, rocks (dry rock and wet live rock). They have a big selection of of used ready-to-go tanks that customers have traded in for new or other equipment. They sell RO/DI water and Saltwater by the gallon.

SeaFari is a smaller store in Rogers. I have only been there a handful of times and the times that I did go they were very helpful. They don't have quite as big of a store or the selection that WU has. They do have a rather large aquatic plants section which, for me, is nice, because I am currently building several planted aquariums and it's nice to have a variety of plants to choose from that other places might not have.

That's my two cents...

Josh

OP
OP
JakeK

JakeK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. I've made it to worlds a few times. Nice little store.

Staggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tulsa has a few nice stores if you are looking for a day trip as well. Coralguy, Advanced Aquatics, and Ultimate Reefs & Aquariums. If you head east for 2.5hrs you can visit @TL Reefs which is a vendor here on reef2reef even. Out side of those, the only other place i've personally gone is a couple places around KC but then you are almost on a overnight trip.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back