• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

MP10/MP40/MP60 Anemone Safe REPLACEMENT guards

OP
OP
Evan West

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using the ones Bulk Reef sells and those aren't replacement covers but slip over the originals and make them very bulky and also restrictive. I just got these and they are awesome and I was able to turn my pumps back down.
Glad they are working well for you! Thank you for the good feedback :)

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
here is a comparison the original, Bulk Reef one and yours
IMG_1152.JPG

Lance M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sent payment for 1... Kind of clicked too fast, I would like a MP40 guard. Interested to see how this works with my 14 (so far) bta's. I myself have a Stratasys printer at work, along with a couple small SLA printers.

OP
OP
Evan West

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sent payment for 1... Kind of clicked too fast, I would like a MP40 guard. Interested to see how this works with my 14 (so far) bta's. I myself have a Stratasys printer at work, along with a couple small SLA printers.
I will get it printing and on the way, sent you a PM. Wish I had access to a Stratasys printer those things are amazing! These covers are just FDM printing obviously

Lance M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will get it printing and on the way, sent you a PM. Wish I had access to a Stratasys printer those things are amazing! These covers are just FDM printing obviously

They're solid and very consistent when maintained properly. I actually wish I had a powder bed though... but I just have to send away for sls parts.

CCK_8814

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 88.9%
16   2   0
Received mine today. Looks awesome. Within few hours of installing and turning my MP10 back on in nem tank the change in flow made a nem release and it ended up stuck to the side of the guard. So already it’s paid for itself, the nem couldn’t get through to be shredded and the anemone while not happy is alive.

OP
OP
Evan West

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received mine today. Looks awesome. Within few hours of installing and turning my MP10 back on in nem tank the change in flow made a nem release and it ended up stuck to the side of the guard. So already it’s paid for itself, the nem couldn’t get through to be shredded and the anemone while not happy is alive.
Oh man! That is a close call and I am really happy that it stopped another disaster! This is the first third party testimony of them working for others so im super happy to hear they are doing their job like I have seen in my own tank....Just curious when you say "change in flow" was it a change in flow caused by the guard or was the mp10 off for a time and then turned back on? I do not observe a change in flow pattern with the guards in my own tank so im curious what your observations are if it is the guard causing a change in flow.

CCK_8814

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 88.9%
16   2   0
Ya if the lights would have been on I’d of taken a picture. It was change in flow from the MP10 being turned back on. It had been turned off since the last “incident”.

OP
OP
Evan West

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya if the lights would have been on I’d of taken a picture. It was change in flow from the MP10 being turned back on. It had been turned off since the last “incident”.
Thank you for that clarification!

CCK_8814

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 88.9%
16   2   0
Well here’s some proof for anyone questioning or on the fence about these guards. Yet another anemone saved. My nem tank hasn’t been right since a few weeks ago when my MP10 shredded a few nems (pre installation of Evans MP10 nem guard). After removing the nem from the guard the foot was completely intact, no damage at all.
a0c4d0747f06ab45ac5579060d4ca55f.jpg

OP
OP
Evan West

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here’s some proof for anyone questioning or on the fence about these guards. Yet another anemone saved. My nem tank hasn’t been right since a few weeks ago when my MP10 shredded a few nems (pre installation of Evans MP10 nem guard). After removing the nem from the guard the foot was completely intact, no damage at all.
a0c4d0747f06ab45ac5579060d4ca55f.jpg
Super happy to see another anemone saved! Thank you for posting as well :)

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered. I did not find a place to state which model it is. I need a guard for the MP10

Nubbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Evan, I would like to purchase 2x mp40 guards. When you get a chance, could you please DM me on how I would go about placing this order? Thanks!

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Evan, I would like to purchase 2x mp40 guards. When you get a chance, could you please DM me on how I would go about placing this order? Thanks!
There is a button on the top right of the thread. You need to be on the actual website though in desktop mode, it wont show up in tapatalk.

Nubbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I click on the top corner, it redirects me to paypal. Then it redirects me back here and there is an error "please enter a positive whole number". I apologize in advance if this is a silly question!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back