MP10's controlling the power of Nutrient transport mode and Tidal swell mode?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have owned a pair of mp40's for a while now and I just got a pair of mp10's for a smaller tank around the size of a red sea reefer 170.

On the smaller tank, I have both pumps on the back glass at each side of the tank. With one slightly high and one slightly low.

I have a reef link to control these and I normally just use modes like Reefcrest, Lagoon, and Nutrient transport mode. I have pump 1 on the modes and pump 2 is just set to anti-sync most of the time.

But in Nutrient transport mode and Tidal swell mode, the percentage that I set pump 1 to seems to have no effect on the overall power of the pumps. The slave pump seems to be whizzing away full-tilt and nothing I do seems to be able to control it. It's far too powerful for my small tank and I want to run these modes I just don't want them to be so powerful. It seems to be a similar situation on my larger tank with the mp-40's in it. Even if I set Nutrient transport mode to 10% it's blowing fish all over the place and causing corals to close up.

So obviously I am misunderstanding something here?

How do I control the power of these two modes?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can set the intensity for the slave pump to if you want. I keep mine at 100% but you can slide it lower. I see nutrient export mode as similar to constant speed mode. There are no highs and lows like reef crest just constant motion so the slave pump is constant also even in anti sync. I keep my MP40s at 38% in lagoon mode during the day and 28 at night on a 65g DT. I can see when one pump is pushing and the other is low speed.

OP
OP
The Opinionated Reefer

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can set the intensity for the slave pump to if you want. I keep mine at 100% but you can slide it lower. I see nutrient export mode as similar to constant speed mode. There are no highs and lows like reef crest just constant motion so the slave pump is constant also even in anti sync. I keep my MP40s at 38% in lagoon mode during the day and 28 at night on a 65g DT. I can see when one pump is pushing and the other is low speed.

Ok so if i set the main pump to nutrient transport mode 20% and then set the slave pump to anti-sync but at 50% is that 20% on the main pump and 50% on the slave or 50% of 20% on the save pump?

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Ecosmart modes (NTM and TS) are different compared to the other modes, it's a little confusing.

In NTM and TS modes, if you set a pump as a slave, and set it to say 60%, that means it will be 60% of the master pump. So if the master pump is also set to 60%, the slave pump will be 36%.

The regular modes don't work this way, I don't know why they did it this way.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back